Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Chris. My family and I live with a soon-to-be 2 year old Chocolate Lab named Shadow.

Up until July 4th, Shadow was friends with a Golden Retriever named Abigail, but she passed away. Now Shadow is adjusting to being the only dog in a house with five humans, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs and a bunch of fish.

I think he's a bit lonesome during the 4 hours while my wife is at work, so I am trying to find ways to help him pass the time.

As far as food goes, he is allergic to grains (as was our Golden) so we've had a learning curve when it comes to the food he eats.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hi and welcome. Nice to have you here. :biggrin:

We lost our beloved Rottie back in January. Our GSH Pointer was alone for a few months before we got our BRT puppy. I could tell she really didn't like it (though she did love the whole being the only dog to spoil..). Even though it took her a while to warm up to the pup, I could tell she enjoyed having another 4 legged friend around.

We would love to see some pics. of your Lab. I know this forum will be helpful in helping you find the right food for you and your Lab. :smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another Shadow

Hi! I'm Lucy from California. I, too, have a Lab named Shadow. He's black, his mom was chocolate. He'll be 2 in November. My other guy is Teddy, is a 13 year old Golden Retriever. Also have 4 cats, a horse and a chicken.

Shadow has food allergies but is doing great on grain free food (Taste of the Wild). I was using EVO, but since Proctor and Gamble bought out Natura, I'm giving up on EVO. P&G changed the Iams formula in 1999 when they bought that company and conveniently forgot to tell the public about the changes. Not only did dogs get sick as a result, their nifty new formula didn't meet the guidelines for a complete and balanced diet. The reasoning behind the change was that owned dogs didn't get as much exercise as kenneled dogs! If anyone understands the reasoning behind that, I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hi and Welcome Lucy! Nice to have you here! :biggrin:
Your Shadow is just adorable! I love his face...he seems to be saying "so what are we gonna do now???" So cute. I hope you find this forum as helpful as I do!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome to the both of you! I hope you find all the help and knowledge you need from this community!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts