Dog Food Chat banner

Meet Mater

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mstngchic2012 
#1 ·
I'm going to introduce my almost 2 year old AmStaff mix. He's a sweetheart and we wouldn't trade him for the world. My fiance and I rescued him at 6 months old while he was on death row. The week after we brought him home he became very ill. Mater had kennel cough and parvo. The vet said that he wouldn't be surprised if Mater didn't make it a week but here we are almost a year and a half later with our turd burglar ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Ahh! 13 views no comments :(

#3 ·
Oh my goodness! He is so ADORABLE!!!! Love the ears!

It's too bad he got parvo and kennel cough right after you got him! That's a tough one. I wonder if AmStaffs are more prone to Parvo like Pits, Rotties, Dobies, and sled dogs are?

#4 ·
I've never heard that a certain breed is more prone to parvo than any other breed. All breeds are susceptible to parvo especially puppies.

Thank you! My favorite pic is the one on the couch with his Yoda ear pose ;)

#5 ·
haha. Yeah, that one is TOO cute.

But yeah, all dogs are prone to parvo, but for some reason, those breeds, and possibly a couple others, are more prone to getting it. The reasons are unknown, but I've done some research on it, and it's listed on most places that I've read about Parvo.

#6 ·
Can you post some of the links where you have read that?

#11 ·
I actually do call him freckle butt on occasion :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.