Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to this chat room and have actually never been in a chat room before. I am a responsible breeder of Yorkie Bichon Shih Tzu's, my favourite cross breed. I am very anal about dog food and have been investigating to find the very best for my dogs and to recommend to new dog owners. I feed a very expensive dog food and refuse to buy dog food from a grocery store. My vet strongly recommends Medi-Cal but I am skeptical. Can anyone tell me about Medi-Cal?
Thanks,
PJW
P.S. If you are angry that I am a responsible breeder and/or cross breed, please do NOT send me an email. I have been insulted enough to last me a lifetime. Thank you for your kind consideration.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fine i won't mention anything about your "responsible breeding of MUTTS" and just tell you that Medi-Cal is CRAP. If you feed it, that's exactly what you'll see more of in your yard! It's full of fillers and species inappropriate ingredients and then the price is jacked up to make a profit. PLUS when we called every vet in my city when we were at work, not a single one could A)tell us why their foods were the best (other than "it's scientifically proven to work on such and such") and B) They could not guarantee it Ethoxyquin free. Ethoxyquin is a preservative and a known carcinogen (it's normally used in pesticides, insecticides, and rubber stabilizers), it significantly boosts the shelf life of the food, but is very harmful to our animals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
medical dog food

in reply to your dog food question. My dog almost died from other cheap dog food ...long story. I have been using medical hypoallergenic dog food for almost 8yrs for my pure br. shit zu now... she gets no people for or treats only small pieces of carrots once in awhile. she looks like a puppy still yet she is 10yrs old... i love the medical hypoallergenic dog food. I dont think much of breeders but it's a good thing you want to feed your animals something besides grocery store scrap. good for you.... hope this helps...negative feedback is not helpful... have a great day!
oh and ps... in response to the other person saying it's the dog food companies that hike up prices...check again...it is actually the vets that hike their prices up...one vet i was getting it all was $43.00 a bag and two other vets were
30. and 32.00 a bag...so if you are going to cut someone / company up get your facts straight.
"most haters" are uniformed! :)
I only got a membership here as I didnt like that response.

pss....this website needs to change your font color...can't see it! terrible web designer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts