Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General question...

What is the differences between feeding a meat based food vs a fish based one? For example... Acana Pacifica vs Acana Prairie Harvest. and dont say one is chicken and one is fish...! What is the difference between a fish based diet and meat (over time)... is it coat condition, energy, sensitivity... etc...?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm switching to orijen fish formula because I have a strong suspicion that my dog is allergic to chicken. So my reason, is allergies.

·
Registered
441 Posts
General question...

What is the differences between feeding a meat based food vs a fish based one? For example... Acana Pacifica vs Acana Prairie Harvest. and dont say one is chicken and one is fish...! What is the difference between a fish based diet and meat (over time)... is it coat condition, energy, sensitivity... etc...?
Sorry! I have to say it!! :biggrin:
One is fish and one is meat!! :biggrin:
Same as what everyone else has said! Fish is more for the allergies, and the meat is for everyone else! :)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You should feed your pups a variety of foods (meat). Variety is the spice of life! They need the different vitamins and minerals and fats that all these varieties of meats provide!
They need rotation in their diets. so different proteins is a must for a healthy lifestyle for them!. Their is plenty of varities available for them fish, chicken, rabbit, duck, bison a lot of varieties. Your dog will smile when you feed them different types of dog foods!:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts