Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Cute pups, do you keep their hair in natural state?

This past week a friend of mine asked me to watch her shitzu/yorkie mix and I dont know how people manage to keep these dogs clean..lol. Since I take my dog on a lot of walks and often he runs off leash on trail, I decided to take Bailey with us as well, he ended up entirely filthy, covered in sand and dirt, with sticks and leaves stuck in his fur, I had no choice but to give him a bath and I ended up brushing him like twice every day to keep things out of his fur.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cute pups, do you keep their hair in natural state?
Thank you. :smile: Yes, I'm letting their hair grow to the floor.

This past week a friend of mine asked me to watch her shitzu/yorkie mix and I dont know how people manage to keep these dogs clean..lol. Since I take my dog on a lot of walks and often he runs off leash on trail, I decided to take Bailey with us as well, he ended up entirely filthy, covered in sand and dirt, with sticks and leaves stuck in his fur, I had no choice but to give him a bath and I ended up brushing him like twice every day to keep things out of his fur.
LOL! I have to give baths at least once a week, and I brush a little every day. We walk off-road twice a day and I have to check the "undercarriage" for sticks, leaves, grass, and whatever else they pick up.

Check out these funny pictures of an active Yorkie girl in Alaska: Jillie: The Swamp Thing - YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are both adorable! Their faces are so cute and full of expression! I bet they are a lot of fun....:biggrin:
Thank you! They are lively and keep me on my toes. Teddy's facial expression in my avatar is his "Bobcat Goldthwait" excited look. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
They are adorable! I love the long haired beasties but boy, the work! I let both of my Lhasa's grow out for 2 years and then I couldn't handle it anymore and cut the hair off. My current one is really a thick haired version and I can barely get a comb thru her. It's just way too much work in the south.

Kudo's to you for keeping them looking like they are suppose to look!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts