Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being a new home owner, possibly being jobless for a short time, more bills, going to work for less pay (only for a few months i hope)

I might need to find cheaper food! They are on TOTW now. I am thinking of getting 4health or diamond nats. and adding boiled chicken to the kibble to up the meat content.

Will it mess up the kibble's vitamin ratio and what not? if I added boiled (lightly boiled) chicken.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
you'll get more educated and scientific responses but I'd be shocked if anyone replied and said that adding more protein/meat wouldn't be a wonderful thing to do.

You might just have to adjust your portions on days you add meat so your boy doesn't get chubby ;)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'd opt for the 4Health High Performance formula(believe thats what its called)...30% protein or so and the ingredients look decent.

I'd also take a close hard look at Healthwise, but in all honesty, I'm pretty biased towards Natura. I just feel really good about how they run their company. I believe it runs about $1/lb.

That being said, nothing is gonna come close to the prices that Diamond can put out.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! after thinking about it, adding chicken to a cheaper dog food daily will make the dog food plus chicken cost more than TOTW.

I am actually partial to diamond products myself.

·
Registered
939 Posts
thanks guys! after thinking about it, adding chicken to a cheaper dog food daily will make the dog food plus chicken cost more than TOTW.
Well that will all depend on how much chicken you were wanting to add. And if you don't mind buying in bulk you can find chicken quarters pretty cheap. I just bought a 40lb box for $15.99. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
For the price and quality of ingredients, you can't beat Kirkland.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts