Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! There is a dog 9 month old dog named Fuzie needing some MAJOR surgery. Including two full hip replacements, and surgery on her luxating patellas. The cost of surgery is going to be around $13-15,000! We are really needing some help raising money for the surgery! Please take a look at sweet Fuzie and consider helping her along her long journey ahead!

Save Fuzie's Life! by Beachbullies Rescue - GoFundMe

·
Banned
22 Posts
Honestly no offense intended but, why not euthanize. Even if these surgeries go over well (which isn't a guarantee) the dog will most likely be in chronic pain post surgery.
12-15000 dollars is a lot of money to be spent on ONE dog when it could be used for so many. Just IMHO.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly no offense intended but, why not euthanize. Even if these surgeries go over well (which isn't a guarantee) the dog will most likely be in chronic pain post surgery.
12-15000 dollars is a lot of money to be spent on ONE dog when it could be used for so many. Just IMHO.
The dog is only 9 months old, and she hasn't had a chance to live her life yet. Euthing her because she was born with issues doesn't seem like the right thing to do. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have to agree with spliff. It is the humane thing to do. Does anyone know how long a hip replacement even lasts in a dog? In humans they must be redone due to breakdown, sometimes a few times depending on age and precision of original surgery. Each surgery is increasingly difficult and more expensive.

·
Banned
22 Posts
The dog is only 9 months old, and she hasn't had a chance to live her life yet. Euthing her because she was born with issues doesn't seem like the right thing to do. :)
Not if you perceive the dog as "human" or having "human" characteristics. This animal is just that-- an animal. This ISN'T a nine month old baby that would eventually contribute to society.
In the wild this animal would have been rejected by its own or even killed for its weakness.
Darwin's theory at its prime.
Unfortunately, we can't save them all. If we did we would have a much worse population crisis.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Holy moly guys. She wants to save this dog, let her!

Rawpitbull, is this the only option for her? What is the success rate on hip replacement (I know nothing on the subject)? Does she currently have a wheelchair? How does she do with it? Has amputation been considered?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I shared her story on my FB page. I don't live there now but I grew up across the Bay in Seminole and have a lot of friends and family there. ***Okay so as I read a little further I realized she isn't in Florida, either way it will get the word out.***

I work with a rescue and completely understand. Over the holidays I had a 10 year old Great Dane living with me. He was on his deathbed and we pulled him from the shelter to give him a nice life at the end rather than being put to sleep in a shelter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy moly guys. She wants to save this dog, let her!

Rawpitbull, is this the only option for her? What is the success rate on hip replacement (I know nothing on the subject)? Does she currently have a wheelchair? How does she do with it? Has amputation been considered?
The vet expects her to make a full recovery and to be fully mobile after surgery!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Is this your dog, or a foster dog? What exactly is her name? You call her Fuzie, but the donation page calls her Georgia Mae.

This all seems a little weird. Especially coming from someone who can afford to drop $250 on a luxury leash.

·
Registered
90 Posts
@ spiff ,maybe it ain't there dog maybe its someone else's? that there shairing and would you put your mom/dad/son/daughter down all because they needed major surgery. I wouldn't

and I can't donate sorry

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this your dog, or a foster dog? What exactly is her name? You call her Fuzie, but the donation page calls her Georgia Mae.

This all seems a little weird. Especially coming from someone who can afford to drop $250 on a luxury leash.
^^^^ This chick -_-

This is a dog that my friend's rescue has in foster. Her and I are working this together. The page originally called her Fuzie as well, but it was changed to Georgia Mae recently because of some lady. Nothing weird going on here I can most assure all of you. $250 is a whole lot different than $15,000 ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ spiff ,maybe it ain't there dog maybe its someone else's? that there shairing and would you put your mom/dad/son/daughter down all because they needed major surgery. I wouldn't

and I can't donate sorry
^^^^ Thank you SO much! I needed that!

·
Registered
461 Posts
^^^^ This chick -_-

This is a dog that my friend's rescue has in foster. Her and I are working this together. The page originally called her Fuzie as well, but it was changed to Georgia Mae recently because of some lady. Nothing weird going on here I can most assure all of you. $250 is a whole lot different than $15,000 ;)
I've paid over 15k in medical bills for Riddle, and I sure as hell can't afford to blithely spend over $200 on a collar or leash. Let alone act like it ain't no thang to do so.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Not if you perceive the dog as "human" or having "human" characteristics. This animal is just that-- an animal. This ISN'T a nine month old baby that would eventually contribute to society.
In the wild this animal would have been rejected by its own or even killed for its weakness.
Darwin's theory at its prime.
Unfortunately, we can't save them all. If we did we would have a much worse population crisis.

That is a crap post. If I was a moderator and could ban you, I would.

Don't reply to anything I ever post. I won't read it.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
That is a crap post. If I was a moderator and could ban you, I would.

Don't reply to anything I ever post. I won't read it.
Kevin she has been ban and it was brindle and she has been banned as that as well. I suppose she will be back and by the way where is monster, smoothwire at? I do believe this has been his longest absence.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think Meg and I decided ppl can come back 1 time...they cause any issues=permanent ban.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
to put something like that out there(why spend money on Dogs treatment?)...

Just hit me at the wrong time with what I recently went thru with Harry.

ALL Dogs lives are important and to throw that out on this forum just really pissed me off. I know nothing about the posters fundraising but it appears to be with the best of intentions.

Sorry to lose it, guys.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Lauren and Meg I think that's only fare, enough is enough.

Kevin I agree but I don't think that skadindle.....yes I meant to put it that way...get it???? skadoosh / brindle hahahahha.
So Kevin when I grew up we were told if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. People should still think and use that one. But I believe with out having to put a face to things one can say mean things and they think they can get away with it.

She just needed to leave that one alone and not donate we didn't need to know how she felt as the op was not forcing anyone just putting it out there. But skadindle liked to start a fight when ever possible and did so.

I can certainly understand that it would be very upsetting to you and I know we all can understand why. She's gone and good riddance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts