Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - Lakota has some health problems and I thought this forum might be a good one for discussion. I look forward to the interaction.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You will get alot of good info. Hope your pups doing ok!:smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lakota's health

She has skin lesions which I am trying to get under control through functional medicine (nutrition and supplementation). We did some testing and she has allergies. At first she was seeing a regular conventional vet but now we are seeing a holistic vet. I tend toward natural medicine more than conventional for myself. I have pictures of the lesions, that I will post and then put online before and after. I'm going to post a question about diet too.

Anyone else have a dog with allergies, changed the diet and added supplements and then lesions go away?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
hi and welcome...i have a pug who had yeasty ears and dull, itchy skin...

switched to home cooking first, then raw -- added in salmon oil capsules as a treat every morning and his coat is now glossy and his ears no longer smell...

does that count? :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am a new member also and my gsd recently developed a skin lesion on his back leg, he started blue buffalo 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering if caused by this food. I treated with an over the counter hot spot med, and its clearing up but I'm gonna try a diff. food just in case. I hope Lakota gets better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts