Dog Food Chat banner

Left The Chicken Out Overnight

24K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  magicre 
#1 ·
Took chicken out of the freezer.

Put it into the sink. we are having record breaking temps here....got to 95, it did :)

went to bed. it was still in the sink when we got up.

wish someone would create a chicken part that automatically puts itself away when the owner is having a moment.

can i feed it to the dogs?

#3 ·
Yes, Feed it. I ALWAYS take food out of the freezer 12 hours before feeding time and put it in a plastic container on top of the freezer. Even if it has some odor to it, its ok to feed. I feed "ripe" chicken pretty regularly during these hot months.

#5 ·
Re, we are in the same heat area and I always leave meat out overnite in the sink to thaw otherwise it is not ready to eat the next day if I leave it in the fridege to defrost. My garbage gut always eats it no problem with no issues, and Leo will smell it first, then lick it then eat it.

Reactions: Animal Quackers
#7 ·
I do that pretty regularly. On purpose too! I wouldn't hesitate to feed it.

I'm just up the hill from you and it got to be about 98 degrees here yesterday. LOVING it!!! Anyway, I left some pork roasts out on the counter for longer than I would feel comfortable eating. But I have no qualms about giving them to Ania. Her stomach was made to eat old meat. Mine, not so much...:biggrin:

#17 ·
i thank you for this..and i know it's a time thing that i'm going to have to get used to.....

in my head i know it.....but it smells bad and i cannot feed it....i can barely touch it.....

yet, i will examine poop with intense scrutiny.

go figure.

#19 ·
it's slimy and it smells icky.

in my head, i know their stomach juices are way acidic and able to handle....and maybe in a few months, i'll be able to do this...

but for now, i've only left one thing out and one thing i kept too long in the fridge where it got all icky and slimy....so i'm doing well.

it's an adjustment thing for the human, too LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.