Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone deleted my thread, can't imagine why? this is only helpful info.
So this is the info I got back from my other group that says any dog can choke on ANYTHING be it raw food, kibble or a toy. This is the kitchen kit:
Long kitcken tongs or hemostat
leather gloves
small block of wood 1 1/2x1 1/2 x4-6" long
Keep in kichen in large ziplock bag where you'll find it.

Tongs for grabbing whatever your fingers can't reach, gloves for not getting bite by upset dog, and the block to keep mouth open.
This is only to be used if in fact the dog is choking and not just reguritating his food, You'll know if in fact your dog is not getting air. Hope this helps, I've got mine in place.

Reactions: wags

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
If one could stay calm and assertive in this situation (LOL Cesar Milan) (sp?) I guess it would work, but I have never ever thought of this or heard of it! Do they have anyone who has actually had to ever do this? of course sad if they have had to, but just wondering!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparantly so, as it is something that a group came up with, but the one who replied to my post said she had one hanging in her kitchen for 6yrs and never had to use it.
When I first read about it someone was talking about how they were at a pet store and a dog grabbed a big dog bisquit it wasn't suppose to have and tried to swallow it real fast and started gasping, that poster had made the comment "I bet they don't have a kitchen kit here, but they should" thats what got me starting to think about having one.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
oh my goodness! That is serious then! We take our dogs into the pet stores also and i know my one the ori~pie has grabbed the stuffed hooves and the items on the bottom shelves with the bones! This is good to know! Thankyou! I am going to now put together this kit for the kitchen also! Thanks again for this info! Scary but good to have then and when I am in the store I need to and my kids (LOL) need to really keep a closer eye on the dogs eyeballing and taking the treats LOL! Keep them in the toy aisle!:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts