Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From past experience. My Princess a shih tzu, had bad breath for while before the shaking and the no eating. Tests come back she in kidney failure. Over period of month and half of trying to get her eat with some success, she finally quit all together. At 3 days of no eating ( and very little other signs other than sleeping) I made decision to put her down. Now my Baby her daughter , has it . Not quite same experience.Baby has bad breath but the shaking only started week or so ago. No she quit eating her dry and soft food! Little water.She did eat two tblsp of cherrios wet with milk! Any suggestions out there to make her comfortable? Are there any pills I can get to ease the kidney discomfort? I saw pills called Tripy
Do they work and can I find here in Canada?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm so sorry! What kibble are they on? What treats have they been given (some treats have been causing severe issues in dogs lately and have been recalled)?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your troubles. Bonzi is in Mid to Late stage failure; but we have things very stable now. For a little over a month I gave him subcu fluids daily. His BUN levels went from 200+ to 44. His CREA levels have gone from 4.0 to 2.0. We have moved from daily fluids to every other day. He is eating a combination of Renal Kibble and a homemade kidney diet. This includes chicken, rice, asparagus, parsley, egg yolks and sesame oil. He loves it, and has gained almost 2lbs!

Reactions: Sheri

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I haven't. Just going on what previous history gave me.
Got Halo food chicken veg stew and with coaxing she ate bout cup of the can food 2 days in row,price carrot( my dogs luv carrots)
4 med treats ol Roy bones. ( hope those are not bad) she seems much better as day goes in so coaxing her to eat helps. N low protein is best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts