Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, Evo and Innova both just say "natural flavors." So for all I know it's boiled down euthanized animals!
I agree. I worked before as an engineer for a kibble company. You won't believe the junk that they put in there. I use raw meaty bones for my dogs. I don't want to badmouth the company that has fed my family for years, but I will never use their products (or any commercial dog food) for my dogs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
"Natural flavors" is not where anyone should fear the inclusion of euthanized pets or similar. It's not an ingredient where it makes no sense to save. Flavoring can make or brake a formula so it is important to come up with something that stands out in palatable tests. I don't think boiled down Fido is the magic ticket so to speak. It can be all kinds of other natural derived chemicals not necessarily healthy but hardly any Fido.

That's right! Given unpalatable junk that's in the kibble, flavor needs to be added in the form of protein substitutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.