Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Just for a comparison as to amounts and size for you......Rocky is a 75 pound chow/husky mix and he eats about 2 cups of EVO dry a day. If he has had a busy day, he may eat 3 cups but other days he will only eat one cup. It averages out to about 2 cups a day in the long haul. So when you go to a higher quality food, they usually do eat a LOT less food. In fact, you have to be careful not to over feed them. I let my 3 of my dogs free feed because they aren't big eaters and won't over feed.

Chicken Soup is a pretty good food for the price and I had tried the puppy version when I first was researching better dog foods. I would stick with it since it is WAY better then the Beneful you had before.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
It took all my dogs some time to adjust to better foods. I switched them all to grain free and they all got very gassy and had loose stools for at about a week. With Rocky, he was a puppy and also had coccidia and I had switched him from the rescue groups Science Diet so it took him a bit longer to adjust. I added a little canned pumpkin to his food for a few days to help with the loose stool. You can do that, or just let your dog adjust over a longer time by mixing the food more slowly. Some dogs adjust without a problem and some have a little tummy trouble changing over to a better food. If it takes more time for your dog. you can literally just put a handful of the new food in their bowl per day and mix it that slowly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.