Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Butcher is closing down here in town (they still have a shop about 15-20 minutes away), so today was their last day here. We were already uptown getting groceries and decided to see if they had anything there.

Well I found some Chicken Necks and 3 packages of Chicken Livers (one w/ gizzards). Then I found and bought the nastiest thing ever (according to me!) :biggrin:

Pork Brains! :eek::eek:

I don't even know if I can feed them to her... And by that I'm saying I don't know if I can feed them to her! LOL They were only like $0.54, so I couldn't not get them.

But still.. pretty gross to me!!! :p

I still got 1 package of Chicken Necks, 3 packages of Chicken Liver and 1 "cup" of Pork Brain for $3.14 or something. Pretty good deal :tongue:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Blech! Good luck with that!! Gotta get deals like that whenever they spring up.

I thought that brains (or any part of the central nervous system) could not be sold in the US....? I know that cow brains can't be sold because of mad cow. Obviously that's not a risk with pork, LOL. But I thought the law applied to all animals for some reason or another... Anyone??

·
Registered
115 Posts
LOL - Good for you - you sound like me - who loves a GOOD deal!

I had a REALLY hard time with catfish heads...a friend went fishing and left us the guts. Those unblinking eyes me gave me the CREEPS!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow!! Pig brains!!! Okay, maybe I could stomach giving them to the dogs - but WATCHING them eat it!!!!!! Oooooooooh!!!

Tell us how it goes - or take pictures!!! LOL

Carol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts