Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it aint pretty :frown:

His 12 year old Australian Shepard is losing all of his fur around his hind legs, stomach / chest and lower sides :frown:
He has red bumps / pimples in areas. He has one pimple that is hlaf the size of a penny and is bleeding. He also has a huge scab/growth on his front elbow.

He has seen 3 vets. Nothing is working well. He is eating Purina Salmon (wet) and today I bought a bag of Blue Buffalo Fish. Darn it, he wont eat it!
But he really never has had dry food. (blame my father)
He ate the hell out of a hamburger we gave him though. :wink:

Any ideas?!?!? :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually after looking at fotos of dog skin problems it seems to be Folliculitis.

Any idea how to cure it? (homeopathy ways??? )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you download some photo's?
Nope. He lives 50 miles away and Im not there. I visit once a month. I was telling him I should have brought a camera! Darn it!

But the poor fella has lost so much fur! :(

And now he wont eat the Blue Buffalo I bought him.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Have you or your dad ever thought of going raw? I have heard of people with dogs that have all kinda of problems, once they go raw the dog does so much better. If this is something you would like to look into there are a lot of people here that could help you get started. It's not that hard, and can sometimes be less expensive than kibble. Just trying to think of what would help.....:smile:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lord if you learn the cure of folliculitis please let us know!!! :) I would try a medicated shampoo such as Duoxo and some antihistamines. Its probably allergies...food or environmental.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts