1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Wow! Shes so shiny!"
"She just goes and goes!"
"She looks so good!"

This is what I hear. :biggrin: Seems the verdicts in: Oak is thriving on raw! Not that there was any question she would.

Oakley is now eating a steady rotation of goose, pork, chicken, beef, and fish. I stopped at an asian market this afternoon and picked up some duck wings and a whole frozen tilapia as well. The fish is a little weird to me.. but whatever. Its also a bit large, I plan to chop it in half and give it in 2 meals. I also have a whole wild duck thawing in the fridge that I will probably feed her tomorrow. She crunched down a duck wing as a snack tonight.
I have yet to spend over $1/lb on any meat other than fish. So I think Im doing pretty darn well. Costs less than a $1/day to feed her!

She was having that puking/regurgitation problem for a bit... I started removing all chicken fat and the problem seemed to subside so thats all I can say about that! :) Pork fat hasnt bothered her.

She is happy, healthy, and just doing wonderful. Her baby teefers are all falling out and she has some real chompers now!

Thank You to everyone who has helped us along.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
WOW! She IS really shiny, and BIG too. Is she a purebred boston? Or does she have some boxer in her? She's really tall. I also don't spend $1/lb. on meats. I have this asian market across the street from me that sells whole tilapia for $.80/lb! I consider myself really lucky to find fish this cheap. This is Aspen's favorite food, FISH...

I really want to give him some venison, in about 2 more weeks, but I'm gonna have to look somewhere else. I have a store about 5 minutes from me that sells it, but it's $7/lb!!!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Wow, Oakley looks AWESOME! She sure got big too!

Congrats on yours and Oakley's success! I remember reading about your story here, and I'm sure glad that things worked out so well for you two. :biggrin:

Richelle

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is so great to read. There is "something" that people clue into in a raw fed dog. It even comes through in photos. I see it blossoming in Cali too. Your dog is beautiful!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Sorry :( I've just never seen a black/white boxer before!!
Haha, no worries.
Technically they're not black, it's "reverse brindle" you cant see it in those pictures, but I've seen pictures of Oakley on another forum in the right light that shows she is actually just a really really dark beautiful brindle. She does look more "black" than most reverse brindles i've seen, but she's sooo pretty. (okay, so I may or may not be an Oakley stalker)

So glad she's thriving on raw. Such a pretty girl. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Haha, no worries.
Technically they're not black, it's "reverse brindle" you cant see it in those pictures, but I've seen pictures of Oakley on another forum in the right light that shows she is actually just a really really dark beautiful brindle. She does look more "black" than most reverse brindles i've seen, but she's sooo pretty. (okay, so I may or may not be an Oakley stalker)
Good to know. Now, whenever I see one (if I see one, I hardly see boxers except where I used to work) I'll know it's a reverse brindle. thanks

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
this is a little off topic but, I just googled under images the reverse brindle boxer dog and WOW...what a beautiful color!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Oakley is absolutely gorgeous. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts