Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been feeding Jazz Natures Variety raw for several weeks now. She eats twice a day, and the pkg says she should eat 4-5 medallions a day and I am feeding her 6 already. She seriously appears to be hungry all day long and by the time I do feed her she inhales her food within seconds. What do you think is going on?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I have been feeding Jazz Natures Variety raw for several weeks now. She eats twice a day, and the pkg says she should eat 4-5 medallions a day and I am feeding her 6 already. She seriously appears to be hungry all day long and by the time I do feed her she inhales her food within seconds. What do you think is going on?
How is her body condition? Can you see slightly see ribs or not?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
What do you think is going on?
I think she has too many carbs in her diet. Carbs have a tendency to make people hungry. May have the same effect on dogs. Nature's variety raw has a lot of carbs.

It also may be that he just loves his new food and wants some all the time whether he is hungry or not.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
What do you think is going on?
I think you have a dog.:wink:

Have you considered a more appropriate raw diet? NV has a lot of extras in it. I think of it more as "raw kibble" than an appropriate raw diet. PMR is much more ideal, and MUCH more affordable!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say that as long as your dog looks good then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Corgipaws is right though. Doing raw on your own is MUCH cheaper than buying pre-made raw and you have much more control :) Do you have a picture of your dog so we can see how he looks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments. I thought feeding her the NV raw frozen was good but I guess I still have alot to learn. What is PMR?

·
Registered
175 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts