Dog Food Chat banner

Is veal that much different from beef?

30K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  harrkim120 
#1 ·
As the title states, I was wondering if there is enough of a difference in veal (as compared to beef) for it to be worth feeding it. :confused:

#3 ·
they are treated horrendously....'course, now i hear about rabbits held in cages where their feet don't touch the ground and chickens who are put into a room and by the time they are ready for slaughter, can barely breathe due to size constrictions...

that for some, free range means they have a two foot radius outside their cage...

personally, i would not give my dogs veal....unless you get a phenomenal price..right now, here --- veal retail is 14 dolla per pound....we don't even eat it, so none for the dogs, though they eat better than us. :)

#4 ·
I don't buy it unless it's been reduced for a quick sell.:biggrin: They get plenty of beef as it is and to me veal is beef just real young.:rolleyes:

#10 ·
can dogs eat veal bone? if so, why not?
I would imagine so because bones of a young animal are always softer than they are as an adult. I would still be hesitant to feed weight bearing bones from baby cows since I am still hesitant to feed the weight bearing bones of a pig, which are probably close to the same size. Considering you have smaller dogs I wouldn't worry about it since they just don't have the jaw power to chomp on bones hard enough to break teeth, but there is still is a chance to break a tooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.