Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started saying "you hungry?" At each feeding, now uttering the word "hungry" sends him flying over to me.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yup, we say "Hungry?" too and she goes straight to the 'fridge!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Glad that I'm not the only one that does this!! LOL! :biggrin:

We say "Lucky, are ya hungry?", "Are ya ready for Breakfast/Dinner?", "Let's EAT!!"....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who's Hungry

We say "Who's hungry" and they both go crazy- barking. Molly will run back and forth from the living room to the kitchen to make sure I'm getting their food. Then they both sit in front of their food and wait for us to say "ok" then they feast.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have officially taken to spelling out the word h-u-n-g-r-y when it's not feeding time. Because when I do, they all three jump up, like, "Is it time?!" Or they'll sit there for a moment giving me the head tilt, waiting to see if I say it again. So when I say it again, they'll get all excited.

YouTube - It's Feeding Time!

OOPS! I clicked on that video and forgot to mute. Kuso heard and was, like, "OMG! FEEDING TIME?!" Sorry Kuso!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
*Go pee-pee* He does a slight head tilt, and his ears perk up.

"want food" at food he does the same thing as when he's gonna go to the park to pee.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I normally say "You wanna eat~~~ are you hungry" they are revved up with this!

The thing my dogs also go crazy for is the walk time! Now I spell the W~A~L~K and point to family members in the house and use my fingers from my right hand as little walking fingers and put them on the palm of my left hand so the dogs arent going nuts because if I say the word walk they are panting ~going bonkers~ and if I say hey lets go for a walk that stirs the pot just way over the top~they start barking and panting if I say anything related to walk like ~Wanna go for a walk~ well all gee you know what breaks loose haha! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Chickie!!

If we so much as make the "ch" sound, all their heads perk up and they are SO ready. That one gets the best response.

"You want your dinners?' gets pretty good response as well as.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The thing my dogs also go crazy for is the walk time! Now I spell the W~A~L~K and point to family members in the house and use my fingers from my right hand as little walking fingers and put them on the palm of my left hand so the dogs arent going nuts because if I say the word walk they are panting ~going bonkers~ and if I say hey lets go for a walk that stirs the pot just way over the top~they start barking and panting if I say anything related to walk like ~Wanna go for a walk~ well all gee you know what breaks loose haha! :biggrin:
Yeah, our dog goes bonkers over her "walkies" (and also when she sees me grabbing my iPod and headphones which I usually take on our walks). Also when we say "mail" and "out" as in "you don't want to go OUT, do you?" At which time she starts barking and running circles in front of the door leading to our back yard.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Same! haha

·
Registered
124 Posts
lol I feel like a dork now, but they get their "num-nums" lmao
Me too, so don't feel like a dork. LOL

I also say, "you hungry for nummies?" And they'll tilt their heads. Although Barnum will add a high-pitched wine.

Bailey will tilt his head more if I say, "you want puppy pops?" Puppy pops are yogurt and banana mixed together with water and frozen in ice cube trays.

They both tilt for "you want an ice cube?" That means a huge ice cube I make by freezing water in a stainless steel bowl. I place the ice in a huge bowl on the deck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Like most everyone here, I say "Are you hungry?" and all 4 go crazy LOL!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts