Dog Food Chat banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Question-Please advice

Hello, I am here again. Stella start to itching often, I put it frontline for 2nd time, she is good without flea, she has not more flea, but still itching.. could be something else?? maybe another kind of flea and I can't see it?? or maybe a kind of paresites on her skin?? she got the complete medicine for the worm..

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hello, I am here again. Stella start to itching often, I put it frontline for 2nd time, she is good without flea, she has not more flea, but still itching.. could be something else?? maybe another kind of flea and I can't see it?? or maybe a kind of paresites on her skin?? she got the complete medicine for the worm..
Itching where? She could have an allergy to something in her food. My dog would chew his feet like nuts until I figured out he had an allergy to gluten (wheat, barley, oats, etc). Could be a food allergy, could be an allergy to grass or another plant in your yard, could be an allergy to the detergent you use to wash things. You may wish to consider doing an allergy test so you know what it is unless you have a pretty good guess.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for your help! She is eating Evo and Party Animal, her itching is anywhere on her body.. She is living w/ me for 3 months but this happen since last month so that's means is something new.. I can't figure out what.. but you are right I should do a allegy test.Thanks again!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks for your help! She is eating Evo and Party Animal, her itching is anywhere on her body.. She is living w/ me for 3 months but this happen since last month so that's means is something new.. I can't figure out what.. but you are right I should do a allegy test.Thanks again!!
Unfortunately no it doesn't mean it's something new, many dogs develope allergies over time. Seems like you also changed her food right? Could she be allergic to the chicken or beef in the food, another ingredient? Just because it's a good food doesn't mean she can't be allergic to something in it. But as I said allergies CAN just pop up one day as an over time thing so it doesn't have to be anything new. Or it could be, someone next door could have planted something she allergic to, a weed or something could have been blown into your yard, really there are a whole SLEW of possibilities.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unfortunately no it doesn't mean it's something new, many dogs develope allergies over time. Seems like you also changed her food right? Could she be allergic to the chicken or beef in the food, another ingredient? Just because it's a good food doesn't mean she can't be allergic to something in it. But as I said allergies CAN just pop up one day as an over time thing so it doesn't have to be anything new. Or it could be, someone next door could have planted something she allergic to, a weed or something could have been blown into your yard, really there are a whole SLEW of possibilities.
Thanks again for your help maybe you right is not new.. in the begining she didn't itching and she was eating purina and pedrigree.. I dont have yard, my patio is small, but when I take her to walk could be the yard in my block but if so.. I don't know what to do.. because is where she does poo and pii.. :( probably I will stop to feed her w/ this food till take her to the vet.. and just give her dry food, she doesn't like it but I dont' know what to do.. :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks again for your help maybe you right is not new.. in the begining she didn't itching and she was eating purina and pedrigree.. I dont have yard, my patio is small, but when I take her to walk could be the yard in my block but if so.. I don't know what to do.. because is where she does poo and pii.. :( probably I will stop to feed her w/ this food till take her to the vet.. and just give her dry food, she doesn't like it but I dont' know what to do.. :(

You could try just plain chicken and rice and see if it goes away, if it does it was an allergy to the food, if not it could still be a chicken or grain allergy but it weeds something out. If it's an allergy to something outside there's medications for that. No sense in switching to dry food, there are a TON of allergens in that too especially since you don't know what it is. I would just leave things the way they are and take her to the vet soon. You could try a grain free food that has a different ingredient panel than the Evo, you can also give some fish oil which may help and then get her into the vet ASAP.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks so much for all your advice..I start to watch her and read all the stuff I give it, I will try the chicken and rice.. and which food you recomeend grain free?? and fish oil?? Actually I am given in the food a oil for her coat and skin.

Thanks again I will follow your instruction for sure.. and Also I will take care her to the vet.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks so much for all your advice..I start to watch her and read all the stuff I give it, I will try the chicken and rice.. and which food you recomeend grain free?? and fish oil?? Actually I am given in the food a oil for her coat and skin.

Thanks again I will follow your instruction for sure.. and Also I will take care her to the vet.

Wellness is a good grain free Wellness Core, they have a Ocean version too if chicken or other poultries are a problem.

And on the oil in her food i'm not sure what you are saying there. Do you ADD an oil to her food? If so which one? Or do you buy a food with oils in it? If so there isn't enough in it to make a difference it's just a marketing gimmick. You can get human fish oil at the store and give a capsule or 2 daily depending on her weight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Please Help

Please Help.. my chihuahua Stella start to poo my couch for few times.. she didn't before.. could be because I fix her 2 weeks ago?? She sleep w/ me everynight at my bed.. I leave her free when I come to work.. but since yestarday I decide to leave her at the kitchen w/ the gate because she don't want to poo where she usually do it.. she start to poo my sofa, likely I allways leave the sofas cover w/ sheets, she looks like angry w/ me I dont' know what to do, how to change her, I don't like to leave her at the kitchen..:frown:

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.