Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
While I agree that raw food is great nutrition and is much better than any kibble, you may also want to consider a high quality canned food like Halo's Spot's stew. I liken it to chicken soup for dogs. Also if feeding raw or canned, try letting the food warm up to room temperature before feeding - it helps things go down better for sick dogs too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before Rawfeddogs spreads misinformation about Spot's stew - the first ingredients in any dog food make up the majority of the contents of that food. The first two ingredients in spot's stew are chicken and chicken broth. Both are good sources of protein. Maybe you should read the labels before making statements about the content of the food. I only mentioned spot's stew since the dog in question is healing and in my experience with ill and dying dogs, spot's stew is very palatible and easy to digest. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
RawFedDogs said:
I strongly suspect that chicken is less than 5%.
Suspicions are NOT based on FACT. After going to your nutrition page I see that you are one of THOSE who believe there is only ONE way to feed raw correctly. Come on - it's difficult enough to get folks to switch to raw without people like you harping on them that feeding veggies is WRONG. There are many different ways to feed or start to feed raw - why not try to open your mind and see that feeding something easy and palatable (like spot's stew) is still better than feeding kibble and let it go? Jeez......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.