Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I stumbled across this website while spending the 6th day of my addicted venture to find the best possible food source for my pup within my price range. My name is Johnathan, or John, and I recently aquired the best thing to happen to me (as of yet..!). I'm 24 years old and have always wanted my own dog just like many of the young boys and girls out there.. Well, with my mom being allergic to the pet dander and my dad just not wanting to deal with the idea of having a pet roaming his house, it never did happen. Now that I'm older, the choice became mine and the luck couldn't have been better.

Brian is an 8 month old Shepherd/Lab mix and he was a stray most of his puppy life. I found him 6 hours from my hometown while visiting my grandma in Cleveland, Tx for Thanksgiving holiday. Her neighbors had just moved in beside her and with the house came 2 very young, very handsome pups. The previous owners did not want them and left them behind. They said they had been feeding them scraps out of sympathy, but did want to keep the pets. That's all we had to hear. My uncle took his brother and I got Brian (named him after the dog in Family Guy.. big fan heh. We have a cat named Stewie).

Anyways, I was very hesitant because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to afford it or have the time to invest in him, but my mom convinced me it was meant to be. He was very social, LOVES people. He's very calm, doesn't bark, is well behaved, almost housetrained himself and was a very good mix of breeds. In a matter of weeks he sits, lays down, stands and heels both with hand commands and voice commands. He never leaves the yard w/o his leash and he thinks he's a lap dog.

I absolutely love my pup and along with joining the dogtraninginnercircle, I decided to sign up here so I could keep up with the latest food trends. I always love to find such helpful, knowledgeable sites like this.

Anyways, that is my long winded introduction. I told you they are difficult :)

Thanks for the such a community, fellas.
- John

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome! That's exactly how I found this forum too - looking for the best food for my dogs. You'll find many knowledgeable people here. Looking forward to your posts! :smile:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I love your dog's name! Family Guy is great! My shepherd/lab mix we got as a 6 month old rescue puppy was the same way, practically perfect from the start! They're definitely a good mix. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the introduction, guys. I've already been researching a lot and learning plenty :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts