Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member here, so thought it would be good to introduce my furbaby, Jake! He is a crossbreed, but as he was from an unwanted litter and found his way to a rescue centre, his cross isnt known. if anyone has any ideas what is in there, i would be happy to hear.

the mark on his back is a recent scar (you can still kinda see where he was shaved) due to an accident in among some trees! although people always think it is bird poop!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
He's got a beautiful face on him and looks happy and well cared for. I wouldn't have the foggiest what he could be crossed with, actually I'm trying hard to think of what type of dogs have a curly tail like that. Cute.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Love the picture with the one ear standing up! Very cute boy, do we really care what our dogs are anyway! We love them just the same.....

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
He's a handsome boy! And lucky to have such a wonderful life...thank you so much for adopting him and giving him everything!

From the pictures you provided, I think he is a Basenji mix. From his overall mass/size, tail curl and coat color its a close match I'd say...

Here's some pictures to compare him to:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was also going to suggest Basenji mix. Does he bark, or does he have more of a yodel? His muzzle looks very strong, and his ears are trying to flop, not like a Basenji, so I am not sure of the other part of the mix. Maybe a lab? How much does he weigh?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I can see some border collie in there, maybe a border collie/basenji/lab mix? I love the super curly tail!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone :smile: i dont mind what mix he is, i just think its fun to guess :biggrin:

basenji is a breed i had thought he could be mixed with, especially due to the tail lol. i think facially he is very similar to a basenji as well.

he went through phase when both ears stuck up, when he was about 5/6 months but then one day he woke up, and his ear just flopped down lol.

he does bark, but very very rarely... and he has a very deep manly bark lol. he weighs 25kg. i think border collie is in somewhere in there, he has many BC behaviours and the rescue centre said he was BCx (although they didnt know that for definite).

he also loves to dig, and loves to chase rabbits... when he gets on the scent (and he has a brilliant nose) he will get all excited with his tail flopping about (it doesnt so much 'wag' what with that curl lol). so i think their maybe so kind of terrier in there too.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
You know, I reckon I can see some German Shepherd as well, its just something in the face and especially the ears. 25kg equals about 55lbs, so whatever it is, he's got something big thrown in there.
And, you are right, it is fun to guess. It sounds like you've got a real character on your hands!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts