Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Im a proud chocolate lab owner looking for a community to stay up to date about dog food news / recalls and general health of my family member. As far as what I have been feeding him, we got him while he was on Iams. Before we got him, we did massive amounts of research on dog food, health and anything in between. We started him on blue buffalo large breed puppy, then moved him to Innova Evo when he hit 12 months. We have given him a variety of foods and changed the Evo formula, as well as changed the brand all together. Going from Taste of the Wild (Until we found out about Ethoxoquin) & Blue buffalo wilderness. He has been doing EXCELLENT on these brands. Passes only once a day! Easy clean-up! :cool:

Pictures are on there way soon! :wink:

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome! What's your chocolate Labbie's name? My Yellow Lab, Gunther, says Hello! Happy Thanksgiving!

Woof!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome! What's your chocolate Labbie's name? My Yellow Lab, Gunther, says Hello! Happy Thanksgiving!

Woof!
Oh my goodness...I forgot his name!

Zeke, short for Ezekiel(God will strengthen).

I previously had a black lab close to that name you have there. Gunner was his name.

He passed away 12/2006. He was 12, but I do think he could have lived longer. Unfortunately my family lived near a vet that didn't know what he was doing. He gave my 12 year old an 8 in 1 booster. Now in hindsight, I feel like its my fault for saying, 'He is too old you oaf' but I thought the vet knew. He gave me a whole bit on how old you think my dog was in dog years and I went by the old 7 to 1. But he looked at me like I was dumb and told me its 5 to 1 now...so that makes Gunner only 60 years young! I rolled my eyes and let him do the shots. 2 days later, we had to take him back. He couldn't move, he couldn't open his jaw, he could sit up but nothing more.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see another health conscious owner aboard. And I am sorry to hear about your previous pooch... :frown:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
I also have a chocolate lab (female)named Roxi! I have a yellow one (female)too Sandi! Got sandi from people who said their kids were allergic to her ~Their loss!!! I have two more pups also Gordon (male ) ori~pei and male beagle Lucky!
Gotta love those labs! Never a dull moment with them haha!:smile:
Currently feeding Orijen And Evo, but I just got a great great sale on Merrick brand they had their 15 lb size for 14.97 a bag wow I was like I am buying these! They are good until 2010 September, which HA I give the 4 bags I bought hmmm over a month maybe a bit more perhaps haha! But so I switch foods but stay in the premium range of dog foods! Variety the spice of life haha!
Have fun here!:smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts