Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck feeding this? Don't know which Innova to feed the large bites or the large breed, I have a 16month old lab. Thanks in advance for the feedback

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Large breed foods are a total rip off, and definately not worth the mark up. Also, Labs aren't really considered large breed, so you'll be just fine with the regular formula in the large bites.
It's always good to have a couple of foods to rotate, too.

ETA: I had good results with Innova foods before going raw.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
^^Agree with everything that was said. There really is no difference between a Large Breed formula and a Regular formula if you take a look at the bag. The only difference might be the glucosamine/chondroitin. But that doesn't help much anyway...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Innova Red Meat Large Bites is the same formula as the small bites. The Innova Large Breed Adult (olive green bag with a Great Dane pic) is a totally different formulation than their Innova Adult (darker green bag with a GSD on it, I think!)
Innova Red Meat Large Bites is just formed into a larger kibble for larger mouths!

I think the Innova Red Meat is better than the Innova Large Breed formula...I've used both.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I have 2 older labs 4 and 7. They do prefer the larger kibble versus the smaller kibble. Where as my other 2 dogs ori~pei he will eat any size kibble he has no prefrence and my beagle senior dog does prefer small. Labs are a medium to large compact breed.
And I agree with all here you can just get the bigger kibble and its fine!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Personally, I use the large breed Innova because I like the 26% protein level and the lesser amount of calories and ca:phos ratio. It really is a good all round maintenance formula.... for any size.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
i have to disagree with most in this forum. labs are DEFINITELY large breeds. they are typically 60-100 pounds. large breeds are 55-100 pounds.giant breeds are 100 plus imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts