Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today me and Uno go jogging and I see a black dog following us, not agressive just curious, Uno's hackles didnt stand up so I could tell it was a female. I tried to approach the dog but she kept running away, but she followed me around, so I went over to the closest house and asked if they knew who's dog it was. The woman was very helpful and she told me that the dog belonged to a guy living down the street. So we walked towards the house and the dog followed us back.
Knock on the door, out comes a really suspicios looking guy, with tatoos and large bandage taped to the arm (and taped over with masking tape), he admits that its his dog and the animal control came out but couldnt catch her, so he didnt really bother.
We tried to get the dog inside the house but she flipped out and would not come near the door, it took us about 10 mins to finally persuade her with treats to come closer and I was able to make a noose out of my leash and catch her. I felt terrible giving this poor dog back to the guy, because I've never seen such adverse reaction to the owner unless the animal is abused.
The woman that helped me told me that because they dont have a fenced in yard, the dog is chained all day.
What really made my blood boil was when we tried to get her inside, the man was like " oh, just let her go, the animal control will catch her eventually" , the he turned around and left, we stayed and coaxed the dog in.
:mad::mad:
and he lives right next to a super busy road where people are always speeding!! last year I saw a dog get hit by a car right in front of me on that same road.

What is the point of having a dog if its going to be chained up outside all day?

I wish I could scoop her up, she was the sweetest dog too :frown:
It just makes me so angry at how careless some people can truly be, some days I feel like theres something wrong with me because I love my pets so much and go out of the way to help other animals.

sorry for the vent..

·
Registered
96 Posts
I completely agree with you, nothing bothers me more then people like that, why bother to even have an animal is you care so little for it. You should go tell him if she is that much of a bother to him then you will take her off his hands. He'll probably give her to you. Here where I live one of my clients got her dog because the guy told her is he could have a cigarette she could have him, and it ended up being a really awesome dog too. Really smart and picked up everything that we taught it. All I could say was WHAT A JERK!!!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish, but unfortunately I cannot take in anymore animals at this time. I wish I could say that having the dog picked up by animal control would have been a better choice, but most large black dogs get euthanized, regardless of their demeanor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts