Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I would just like to introduce myself. I am from Minnesota and work as a veterinary assistant. I recently bought the most adorable little black lab pup. His name is Buddy and he is only 8 weeks old! He has become like my son. He is the smartest little pup I have yet to meet. He is already getting the idea of potty training and knows whenever I get the leash out it is time to go to the bathroom! He's had only one accident in the house...of course I've only had him for three days. hahaha Anyway, I really love him. He has a few little white toes, but is a very BIG puppy. He is only 8 weeks old, yet already weighs in at 20 pounds! His father was 120 pounds, so I'm guessing he will be somewhere around that when full grown. I feed him Artemis Maximal Dog, by recomendation of his breeder. He seems to really love the food and is doing very well on it. He is currently eating about 3.5 cups per day...which seems like a lot. But, a puppy of his size needs his nutrition. He isn't at all chubby...just normal. I will try to share some pics with everyone! Buddy is just too cute. He really is MY BUDDY! lol He is still sleeping in his crate. I better take him out soon...its so cold out though! hahaha

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome! I'm actually talking to my hubby about going to Bel-Rae for Veterinary Medicine. I hope you really like it here. I'm going to go look at the pictures now!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I can't either. I'm actually going to be headed to the Bel-Rae Veterinary Institute. Hopefully for the fall semester. I am very nervous and excited but it's great to see someone else so devoted to animals, both in love and welfare.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is awesome that you are going to be going to school! It's not an easy road...I know from experience that some of the stuff is really hard. I'm a first year Vet Tech student (2 yrs since I am already a VA) and the curriculum is really difficult. But, it is so worth it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts