Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...you really need to. Especially if you are a Cesar Milan fan (not that I think a lot of you are because we are a bunch of smarty pants here!).

This really does hit close to home for us...which is even more shocking and alarming that there hasn't been a stop to the abuse that this man gives out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eSERTmOrpk

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Ugh, I cant stand that man, and I hate that for some reason so many pet owners pretty much worship him like some kind of God.

makes me sick

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The only reason I saw that episode was because of the pretty mal...hehe :smile:

Kinda seems like that dog is choking, the way he pulls on that choke collar... :mad:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That dogs is DEFINITELY choking. The dog doesn't collapse because he decides to "calm down" he collapses because he is being choked and isn't getting enough air. You can clearly see that the tongue on that dog is blue. Cesar lets go just in time that the dog doesn't die or black out, but right at the time when the dog doesn't have any energy left to fight for his life.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Appalling. Stuff like this needs to make it to the media. I wish a REAL dog trainer would publicly confront his archaic methods and bring in clips like this for ammunition.
Frighteningly, this is stuff they DID air. What else has he done behind closed doors?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ More of the same bullsh*t. I have seen the behind the scenes videos and they are scary. Seen a few of them for continued education for my job at different behavior and training classes...I swear that he wouldn't be on air any longer if people actually see what he does to manipulate dogs to do what he wants.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
It's not just in the dog world that the animals are manipulated to get the results that people want. You should see the horseshow world.

Reactions: EnglishBullTerriers

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yeah I just hate how he has such a cult-like following. I swear I can't take my dogs anywhere and have them listen to me and behave themselves without people going "Wow, do you ever watch The Dog Whisperer? You must've read his books cuz your dogs are so good!" I'm just like "Uhhh no, I like to stick to more positive methods of reinforcement than domination."

Back to the subject, that poor dog probably keeps attacking him because it's terrified that it's being choked and clearly only "calms down" because it can't breathe and looks like it was about to die before he finally loosens up. As it lays there gasping for breath, I can't believe people thinks that's good dog training!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
What's further frustrating is how many people have een totally ripped off by this creep.
He does not attack the issue, he attacks the behavior with abuse. Whatever it is that triggers that dog was never addressed... so this bogus training will be of no benefit in the long run whatsoever.

I like to think that my dogs listen to me because they know I have their best interest in mind, and it pays off for them... not because they're afraid I'm going to hurt them if they don't. That poor dog couldn't breathe, and yet cesar has fans that see no wrong in him.

Victoria Stilwell is a much better trainer. I'm sure she too has faults, but at least her methods are positive and don't use terror.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really do like most of what Victoria does on her show...I don't understand why she doesn't have a bigger following of fans like Cesar does... :confused:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I really do like most of what Victoria does on her show...I don't understand why she doesn't have a bigger following of fans like Cesar does... :confused:
Probably because she doesn't have all the commercial advertising. For the most part she "just" has her show.
Cesar has DVDs, a (terrible) dog food line, billboards, etc. I'm sure having his name all over in every pet section at the stores doesn't exactly hurt his image.

As for me, team Victoria, all the way. lol:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Victoria Stillwell is a WAY better trainer than Cesar. Actually, I don't think I would consider Cesar a trainer. I don't know what he is and don't care. She is better by a long shot...

·
Registered
31 Posts
The only reason I saw that episode was because of the pretty mal...hehe :smile:

Kinda seems like that dog is choking, the way he pulls on that choke collar... :mad:
If you watch the beginning you can see him kick the dog from behind him. He proved the dog to do what it did .. not to mention he talks about releasing the leash and that LEATHER leash NEVER loosened up.

He is a Jerk and should be taken off TV

JMO

·
Registered
78 Posts
Because Oprah didn't endorse her to her minions like she did Caesar Milan
Oprah had another trainer either before or after Cesar... I can't remember her name but she was a positive trainer and worked with her backyard bred Golden Retrievers.

Hate Cesar... Hate how his fans are too... They're fanatics and think he's god.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I think it's because he has that clever title "The Dog Whisperer" people are like "Omgz that's like the horse whisperer! he MUST be fantastic!" Yes, I have that little faith in the American public.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Look up Brad Pattinson... He's worse than CM if you can believe it.

He has a fancy titled show in Canada called "At the End of my Leash" and he's got his own dog trainer acadamy and does seminars all the time. Yet he's a total idiot with a bad combover who like to yell at dogs and their owners and be totally disrespectful.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Look up Brad Pattinson... He's worse than CM if you can believe it.

He has a fancy titled show in Canada called "At the End of my Leash" and he's got his own dog trainer acadamy and does seminars all the time. Yet he's a total idiot with a bad combover who like to yell at dogs and their owners and be totally disrespectful.
Oh god I know who you're talking about. That man is the rudest person alive...!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm glad I am a Victoria (gee I sometimes call her Gloria why God Only Knows Why haha) Stillwell fan! But I had in another post said and I do watch Ceasar for a moment just to see the differnt breeds of dogs he has on~ so guilty there ~but NO I do not do as he does ! I go Vicotoria~Ha Glorias ways for training tips!!!!! :smile:

Ceasar has alot of dvds, books and his dog food out there with numerous products, that could be why he is watched more than Victoria Stillwell. People see these things at Petco and probably remmeber the name then watch the show. Just a thought about it!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts