Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
oh god, every company has some deep dark secret about them, if you lo0ok hard enough.

when will this stop =\

i never heard of evangers./

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
There really is NO such thing as a safe pet food.
I'm just not suprised anymore when deep dark secrets come out.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
You used to wait until a person was actually found guilty in court before they were tarred and feathered. Now they are guilty as soon as a news article hits the internet. They are declaring their innocence so I will wait until they are proven guilty in the court before making any final decisions on them and their dog food. After the Duke Lacrosse incident in our state (among others) I give everyone a chance to tell their side.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chowder,

I agree with you but this one is gonna be hard to escape...sounds like they were going out of their way to do this....

But we will wait for due process to happen.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't know what to think of this....

Yes, it sucks, and it's poor ethic, etc.

However, this does not effect the quality of their foods or ingredients. If I was feeding their product I probably would not stop just because of this.

But it does suck. :frown:

L

·
0 Posts
I think Evanger's is one of the best canned dog foods you could get anywhere if you wanted to offer canned food. If I was feeding canned, I'd go ahead and feed Evangers regardless.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hopefully Evangers is just stealing utility usage with the economy being so bad they may just be not wanting to pay the price! I am hoping they have not cut costs in any other areas! meaning lower cut meats for their dog foods!
I live in Illinois so this was around March 24th this happened.
WDJ as of last year had the Evangers company rated a premium company and stood behind the product and their plant which included on site inspections.
The complaint is about the misusage or gee lack of usage payment for utility bills not the quality of the products. But time will tell if they report anything other than the utility payments not being made! So for now the foods still seem great! The owners are the bad guys not paying for the utilities!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Evangers was a fantastic dog food company, until the family sold to these convicts. But this was many moons ago.

If you are looking for a quality can of food look at Merrick, Merrick Before Grain or Natures Logic.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Did you know that Merrick before grain changed their formula for their canned food!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
When I looked at the ingredients seems to me they have the main meat ingredient be it Buffalo, chicken , salmon ~then they have chicken meal in each kind then potato in each kind, then turkey in each kind,and the rest of the ingredients,~~~ doesn't seem all that bad. :confused:

·
Registered
939 Posts
When I looked at the ingredients seems to me they have the main meat ingredient be it Buffalo, chicken , salmon ~then they have chicken meal in each kind then potato in each kind, then turkey in each kind,and the rest of the ingredients,~~~ doesn't seem all that bad. :confused:
Well I know the tripe changed. They made it "complete and balanced." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
329 Posts
yes, Before Grain canned is now a complete meal.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why is that lame? I think it makes way more sense to sell a complete and balanced meal.

If you want to add a topper to your dogs meal, go to the grocery store and buy some meat in the meat department and throw it on.

The canned 100% meats were still processed. If your dog is already on kibble, how much more processed foods would you like to give him?

L

·
0 Posts
..... If you want to add a topper to your dogs meal, go to the grocery store and buy some meat in the meat department and throw it on.
Boiled chicken is our favorite topper here but only on occasion. Remember not to mix raw meat and kibble in the same meal. If you want to add meat as a topper, make sure the meat is cooked.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yes Salty Dog, some of us who feed raw still liked the fact that there were canned foods that had limited ingredients: as the whole problem with the industry is what exactly goes into their products.:rolleyes:

Reactions: harrkim120

·
Registered
939 Posts
Why is that lame? I think it makes way more sense to sell a complete and balanced meal.

If you want to add a topper to your dogs meal, go to the grocery store and buy some meat in the meat department and throw it on.

The canned 100% meats were still processed. If your dog is already on kibble, how much more processed foods would you like to give him?
Their (used to be) 100% tripe was awesome. Green tripe is nasty and many raw feeders used this because it was the only one around that had just tripe and water. Now they've added all this other stuff, and made it undesirable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts