Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Links birthday is coming up November 7th. I have decided to start thinking up ideas for a raw cake now so I can start buying the stuff needed now since money is tight. I am not picky, but it cannot have any organ meat because my friends two Dalmatians will be attending to help eat the cake and Dals arent suppose to have organs because of their lack of ability to produce enzymes to break down purines..and organs are rich in them. So I opt to leave organs out. I dont mind straying a little away from PMR like adding veggies to decorate or canned pumpkin etc

My idea is, Take 2 lbs of lean ground beef and shape them into squares or circles. Then for the filling between the beef patties I was going to use ground chicken or turkey. Then for the icing I was going to use low fat yogurt and shred a carrot to use as sprinkles then slice and apple thinly to decorate the outside rim of the cake. Then for bone I was going to stick out 4 chicken feet with leg attached so they get bone too..

What are your ideas? I normally dont do birthday for my dogs, but since now its only him and I and he is turning 3 I figured I would make him cake as it would give me something to do LOL

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I can't think of anything else intelligent to add as ingredients, but you could mould it into a bone or paw shape or something?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I don't have anything constructive to add either, but you have GOT to take pictures of this cake!!!! And, of course, the birthday boy. :wink:

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL I plan to buy party hats for any dog coming. Hes turning 3 so I may mold the cake into a 3. I will take pictures but he will have the "You better sleep with one eye open tonight" look on his face.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts