Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
493 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have another join us.

I checked out your food. Not too much though for I'm about to go to sleep. I noticed that when you "customize your own food" you must choose a supplement. If the kibble is already completely balanced like it claims to be, why would supplementation be necessary?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your welcome. The amount of supplements included in most pet foods is not significant. We offer the abililty for the pet owner to add in what really matters to them and their dog and in much higher amounts. The base formulas can be supplemented after extrusion so the integrity of the supplement is not degraded from the cooking process. Our supplements are offered as some may not be needed while others are desired depending on the issues of the dog.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Thank you for your welcome. The amount of supplements included in most pet foods is not significant. We offer the abililty for the pet owner to add in what really matters to them and their dog and in much higher amounts. The base formulas can be supplemented after extrusion so the integrity of the supplement is not degraded from the cooking process. Our supplements are offered as some may not be needed while others are desired depending on the issues of the dog.
Here is a question I have always wanted to ask an employee of a kibble company. Why do you insist on feeding omnivore food to our carnivore dogs and cats? I honestly don't see any difference between the ingredients in your kibble than any of the mediocre kibbles on the market. Your prices are extremely high. I feed my dogs a diet of raw meat, bones, and organs for less than 1/3 the price of your inappropriate food. Your web page speaks highly of your so called experts who formulated your foods but I couldn't find any names or qualifications anywhere. I wasn't able to find a nutrient profile anywhere on your site. Why is that?

You are welcome on the board but if each of your posts are going to be nothing more an advertisement for your product, I suggest you find another board to post on.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Not to be rude, but the "customizing you own dog food" deal seems like marketing to me. All it is is choosing a formula of several possibilities, size of the bag, and high energy vs. low energy, vs. low calorie. Seems just like any other kibble company that provides a few different formulas. The customizing your own food slogan seems like marketing to me. Also, like several others already mentioned, it is super expensive. Why should we buy this food when there are other kibble brands out there that are much better for a much cheaper price??? Not to mention the economical advantages of feeding raw. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, just letting you know my opinion.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome. That is very ambitious of you work for a pet food company! But like others here its very high priced! I think it sounds nice but is unreasonably priced! :frown:

·
Banned
493 Posts
Hi and welcome. That is very ambitious of you work for a pet food company! But like others here its very high priced! I think it sounds nice but is unreasonably priced! :frown:
Most kibble sold online exclusively is SUPER expensive. Hence Life's Abundance.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Most kibble sold online exclusively is SUPER expensive. Hence Life's Abundance.
Life's Abundance is not sold exclusively online. Not even close.
And it's not "SUPER expensive."

I think it's the marketing gimmick of being "customizable" that makes the price hike and get away with it. I personally wouldn't pay for it. I think it makes a LOT more sense to buy a supplement to be given WITH a higher quality kibble, then to pay so much for this "custom kibble."

That being said, it's not terrible, no moreso than many of the kibbles on the market. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
493 Posts
Life's Abundance is not sold exclusively online. Not even close.
And it's not "SUPER expensive."

I think it's the marketing gimmick of being "customizable" that makes the price hike and get away with it. I personally wouldn't pay for it. I think it makes a LOT more sense to buy a supplement to be given WITH a higher quality kibble, then to pay so much for this "custom kibble."

That being said, it's not terrible, no moreso than many of the kibbles on the market. :rolleyes:
Life's Abundance isn't exclusively sold online??? I wish I would have known that about a year ago. I fed Lucky Life's Abundance I ordered online. After the first bag I decided it wasn't worth it. Has it always been available in stores or just recently? I think the shipping and handling prices really jack up the price as opposed to buying it in stores. It's not grain-free either.

I also agree with you about the customizing your own food deal as marketing. I posted the exact same though a few posts ago. It's nothing more than different formulas and supplements. Nothing customizable about it.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Life's Abundance isn't exclusively sold online??? I wish I would have known that about a year ago. I fed Lucky Life's Abundance I ordered online. After the first bag I decided it wasn't worth it. Has it always been available in stores or just recently? I think the shipping and handling prices really jack up the price as opposed to buying it in stores. It's not grain-free either.
Different mom and pop shops serve as "distributors" though their website boasts that it's shipped directly to the buyer. It's not the case. A daycare I worked at used to sell it. It sat on the shelves for months, and eventually we stopped selling it and went back to Nature's Variety.

You've never mentioned that you fed Life's Abundance before. But then again, you never remember what you fed or when, so I'm not suprised. :rolleyes::tongue:

·
Banned
493 Posts
Different mom and pop shops serve as "distributors" though their website boasts that it's shipped directly to the buyer. It's not the case. A daycare I worked at used to sell it. It sat on the shelves for months, and eventually we stopped selling it and went back to Nature's Variety.

You've never mentioned that you fed Life's Abundance before. But then again, you never remember what you fed or when, so I'm not surprised. :rolleyes::tongue:
i would highly appreciate it if you'd stop playing your little smart card. I'm going to tell you this for the LAST time. I have fed MANY foods in the past. I have fed many brands of kibble, I used to rotate all different kinds, as well as several raw/home cooked methods. Now i feed prey model. Please etop interrogating me. You act like I'm lying about what I've fed my dog in the past. Why would I lie about that??? Please Knock it off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TheOTher majority of lifes abundance customers do order on line but small stores can sell it and unfortunately the company can't baby sit those places to make sure how long it is on a shelf. If it's delivered to you they guarantee it's no older then six weeks old. I think most people view on diets kibble or otherwise that I think it boils down to what works for each dog. I'm not saying anyones way is bad. But my sister in law feeds wellness core because of the high protein and I think that dog looks horrible. He is loosingalot of fur all over. I feed my animals lifes abundance and they all do great on it. And I don't find it expensive. In fact it has been the only food that she does good on with all her allergies. Not gonna say it would work for everyone but it works for me and I guess that's all that matters.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
i would highly appreciate it if you'd stop playing your little smart card. I'm going to tell you this for the LAST time. I have fed MANY foods in the past. I have fed many brands of kibble, I used to rotate all different kinds, as well as several raw/home cooked methods. Now i feed prey model. Please etop interrogating me. You act like I'm lying about what I've fed my dog in the past. Why would I lie about that??? Please Knock it off.
Oh I am ever so sorry.
How can you ever forgive me.
You got it, buddy.
:biggrin:

ETA: if there's a personal bone to pick, please do it in PM... rather disappointing to see such an attack in an intro thread of all places.
I apologize to the OP.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Oh I am ever so sorry.
How can you ever forgive me.
You got it, buddy.
:biggrin:

ETA: if there's a personal bone to pick, please do it in PM... rather disappointing to see such an attack in an intro thread of all places.
I apologize to the OP.
How is this an "attack"? I'm just asking you to stop. No name calling here. How is this an attack? Furthermore, remember your response when I got back from my ban? Warranted or no, you chose to publish your comment in a public thread, not a private message. I though all members of this forum must abide by the same set of rules. Am I missing something? Besides, If I confronted you privately you'd probably;y report it to the administrators.

Someone please explain to me how this is an attack.

·
Banned
493 Posts
don't point your finger at me. I clearly wasn't the one trying to stir things up.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts