Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old springer spaniel mix (we think we lab). She is 70 pounds and full of energy. We are currently feeding her PurinaOne Lamb and rice formula, which is what she was on when we got her. I recently read up on the horrible ingredients in some dog foods. And I want to switch her to a premium dry dog food that is ideal for her size (70 pounds) and her energy level (high). Also, if you recommend a certain food, please let me know if I should supplement it with anything. There are so many foods and I feel overwhelmed trying to choose one. I hope you can help!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
This is a great sight for dog food recalls

Dog Food Recall Updates

This is a great sight foor looking at dog foods

Dog Food Reviews - 6 Star Premium Dry Food - Powered by ReviewPost

I right now have Wellness core reduced fat and wellness superfivemix healthy weight fromula for my overweight dog shes a chocolate lab and is down from 88 lbs. to 75 right now.
For my other pups I have Merrick BG before grain buffalo which is high in protien (grainless) this food can cause a bit of gassiness as they get use to it but an excellent food. Also I have EVO which is for over 1 year olds the turkey one which is another grainless food and very good. I also have the wellness superfive mix lamb which is a great food but not gainless and the dogs love it!
When you get new foods slowly introduce the food by mixing like 20% new to the old and then gradually increase the amounts. Until your finally up to all new food. I have used california natural whci is good for allergies and I have used eagle pack holistic and artemis just diffrent ones.
What you should do is go to the web sights and ask for coupons join like wellness pet club and you get coupons for money off foods. What I also like about wellness is you can buy it at Petco instead of going to a specialty pet store for it!
There are many diffrent top quality foods for your pup to try go to the web sight at the top and look at all the diffrent foods and then go to their actual sight and get the ingredients list always meal is the best like chicken meal whatever and meats listed first of course is what you want! No corn or wheat or gluten beet pulp stick away from I am sure others here know more what to stay away from and all. But go to the sights you will get alot of info. from them! Good Luck !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts