Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is dog's forum.

Does anyone have information on feeding raw to kittens and cats?

Thank you!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I know this is dog's forum.

Does anyone have information on feeding raw to kittens and cats?

Thank you!
I believe the ratio is the same PMR ratios we feed our dogs. I am aware that cats need taurine (as they can't synthesize it otherwise) so foods like beef heart are essential.

Not a cat guy, but...

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Cats can be difficult, but the younger you can start them the better. Giving all the proteins, organs and bones you can just like dogs, but you must add a taurine source at each meal. Heart is the best source for that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The ratios are all the same, but you want to make sure to have 5% of the muscle meat come from heart. Most cats aren't very interested in hoofed animals but some will take it.
To start them off, you want to stop free feeding altogether, and then switch to the highest quality wet food you can. Then, add in little bits of muscle meat. Once they take that, just try marinating the meat bits in the wet food. You can then try adding in more kinds of meats and cuts, moving then to organs. You can't do the 'starve them' option with cats as it can cause them potentially fatal liver complications.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't do the 'starve them' option with cats as it can cause them potentially fatal liver complications.
Where do I find out information on this? I read this somewhere ages ago and told someone else about it. Merck Manual? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts