Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of Yuffie, a 1.5 year old terrier mix I rescued from the local dog pound about 6 months ago. I began researching dog foods when Yuffie wouldn't immediately eat her dog food when i fed it to her in the mornings and evenings. The vet told me she became a "grazer" which means she prefers eating her food over the course of the day. That didn't make a lot of sense to me because she always tries to gobble anything edible up on our walks and took her treats in a heartbeat. I researched her dog food Organix (supposedly premium kibble at the pet store) and was disappointed it lacked more protein. I read a couple books on dog nutrition and websites and found very good info on this one. Since then I have been weaning her off her kibble and began cooking some of her meals using different meat like ground beef, canned salmon, eggs, and some brown rice,whole grain oatmeal and lowfat cottage cheese and plain yogurt. I'm not comfortable enough yet to make the leap to raw yet. Maybe I'll slowly cook her meats less first. Looking forward to learning more info on dog health and improving my health too in the process! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
welcome to the board I know you will get alot of good feedback on here. I know I am in the process of switching kibble for my dog. I end up going with Acana which is grain free with alot of protein. I just bought it the other day so I hope my labby likes it and it agrees with him. I love your little Yuffie...what a cutie!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts