Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I feed twice daily. As my dogs adjust more fully to raw, I may start occasional one day feedings so I can feed whole prey (like rabbits or something). Though, I still plan to feed 2 smaller meals in general, at this point.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Once a day except on agility class days he gets a tiny bit early in the day, most of his meat for treats at class and usually a bit when we get home. On trial days he eats very small amounts as treats during the day and a normal sized meal when we get home.

He used to get hungry tummy vomits as a kibble fed dog that were managed with bedtime snacks. Now he may have a nervous tummy vomit but hasn't had the hungry tummy things since starting raw.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For now, twice, since we just switched and that's what they've been accustomed to. But morning is more of a little "hold 'em over" snack, with evening being the real meal. Shhhh! Don't tell them that! :eek: :tongue:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Twice a day at varying times since the little guy still has hunger pukes occasionally. I'm considering incorporating some once a day rotations so I can feed bigger meals as well (he only gets 4-6 oz. a day so dividing meat up into 2-3 oz. portions isn't exactly time-saving :wink:).

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
One real meal a day for us. Sometimes they get recreational bones with a little meat in the mornings, just to give them something to "play" with while they are outside.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Usually twice, once if it's a fairly large piece of bone in chicken or turkey and I don't feel like cutting it up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I feed twice a day, we are pretty new to raw and I worry about bloat. I'm unsure if my senior dane is gastropexied and my puppy hasn't had one yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1x/day for the Chihuahua (1/4 lbs./day), 1x/day for the 3.5 month old Corso (~1-1.5 lb./day), and 2x/day for the 9 month old Corso (2-2.5 lbs./day).

I agree with the simplicity of 1x/day. The only thing I like about 2x/day that I'm doing with Valentino is that I can offset a fairly heafty organ meal (1-1.5 lbs. of liver, for example) with chicken quarters or pork neck or something very bony to try to mitigate the oh so famous "explody butt" (I forgot who coined that phrase, but it's classic).

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
For now, twice a day.

Hoping to move to 1x in the near future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts