Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how many dogs you own. I have 2 golden retrievers. They are so much fun and keep me going all day. Then at the end of the day have a nice rest. Do you have many dogs? Post pictures if you have taken any .

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I have 3: gsd/lab mix, lab/pit mix, and a corgi/queensland heeler/beagle/dachshund mix. And my roommate's dog, a pointer/border collie mix.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have 2 of my own and then I pet sit in my home and foster also.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have 5 Dogs. 3 Great Danes Harley is a Harlequin female 11, Magnum is a Harlequin Male 3 1/2, Hemi is a Mantle female almost 2. We have a yellow Lab Buck who is 3 and a Boston Terrier female Chicken Pot Pie almost a year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
3 Dogs

Hi All,

I'm new here. It's very interesting to read what all you guys have to say. We have 3 dogs and love them all equally.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I am proudly owned by two American Pitbull Terriers. Mako is a male Blue Pit, 6 months old and China is a female Brindle pit, 10 months old. They love us and we love them!

·
Registered
257 Posts
6 dogs 4 cats

We have six dogs now.
Jade - 1/2 Chow 1/2 GSD, 6 years old
Moose - Newfie/black lab, 7 years
Abby - Black lab/pit?/something mix, 6 yrs.
Gus - Yellow lab/Husky? almost 6
Mattie - Anatolian Shepherd/Akita/Chow, 5 yrs
Mr T - 1/2 Pit Bull 1/2 Boxer 5 years

Four cats of assorted colors!

You can see their photos in my photo album.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I haven't read the original post, but I thought that they asked to post pictures if we could. How come I was the only one?????????????????:confused:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Same as my human child I do not post pictures of my family dogs or otherwise online, so there's my reason.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Because it's a public message board, photos can be stolen and there are crazy people out there. I don't post my address, phone number, or family pictures on anything that is open to the public, nowadays it's just too dangerous IMO. Personally I'd rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Because it's a public message board, photos can be stolen and there are crazy people out there. I don't post my address, phone number, or family pictures on anything that is open to the public, nowadays it's just too dangerous IMO. Personally I'd rather be safe than sorry.
True. There's a small group of women from Petfinders who were doing some really nasty things with photos posted on their forum. I posted a couple of my dogs and one made it's rounds through their own hateful little forums they made. They were bashing me and told everyone I fed my dogs Purina dog chow. As if it really cared what they thought I fed my dogs. They took photos of other PF members and their kids, and posted them on websites. Not a real nice bunch to deal with. A few of them were actually stalking people, posting the real names, addresses, phone numbers etc on their forum. They were calling employers and shelters, put some of us on DNA lists too. The police got involved since one woman went overboard with it and made threats. Petfinders never did anything to stop it, and it still goes on! Anyone who posts on Petfinders does at their own risk, and if they are on this forum, they'll do the exact same thing to the people here.

But if they want to post my dogs photos, let them, no harm done. Are they going to steal my dogs identity and ruin their lives? Nope.

When I first saw your name here, I thought you were on the Petfinders forum too! If so, you know which group I'm talking about.

·
Registered
628 Posts
True. There's a small group of women from Petfinders who were doing some really nasty things with photos posted on their forum. I posted a couple of my dogs and one made it's rounds through their own hateful little forums they made. They were bashing me and told everyone I fed my dogs Purina dog chow. As if it really cared what they thought I fed my dogs. They took photos of other PF members and their kids, and posted them on websites. Not a real nice bunch to deal with. A few of them were actually stalking people, posting the real names, addresses, phone numbers etc on their forum. They were calling employers and shelters, put some of us on DNA lists too. The police got involved since one woman went overboard with it and made threats. Petfinders never did anything to stop it, and it still goes on! Anyone who posts on Petfinders does at their own risk, and if they are on this forum, they'll do the exact same thing to the people here.

But if they want to post my dogs photos, let them, no harm done. Are they going to steal my dogs identity and ruin their lives? Nope.

When I first saw your name here, I thought you were on the Petfinders forum too! If so, you know which group I'm talking about.
If that's directed at me I didn't even know Petfinder had a forum so nope that's not me and I have NO idea what group you're talking about since I didn't know they existed until 30 seconds ago LoL.

Personally I treat my dog's identities as my child, can someone steal his identity from a picture? Of course not, but regardless I don't want my son's, my dog's or anyone else I know pictures posted on the net without my permission. People may find out where you live and identify you by the dog you're walking or whatever, it's simply another tool and means by which to identify someone and since, as you pointed out with a real life scenario, the internet isn't such a nice place at times, I prefer to keep personal photos just that...personal. Or at least choose who I share them with and not the entire world.

·
Registered
357 Posts
WOW! I just didn't realize! I guess it maybe is because my dogs are just family pets, and I don't breed, or show, that I never paid attention.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If that's directed at me I didn't even know Petfinder had a forum so nope that's not me and I have NO idea what group you're talking about since I didn't know they existed until 30 seconds ago LoL.

Personally I treat my dog's identities as my child, can someone steal his identity from a picture? Of course not, but regardless I don't want my son's, my dog's or anyone else I know pictures posted on the net without my permission. People may find out where you live and identify you by the dog you're walking or whatever, it's simply another tool and means by which to identify someone and since, as you pointed out with a real life scenario, the internet isn't such a nice place at times, I prefer to keep personal photos just that...personal. Or at least choose who I share them with and not the entire world.
There's someone on PF that uses a nickname very similar to yours but it's not an uncommon nickname. I know a boxermommy who's local to me too. So when I first saw your name here, I wondered if you posted there too. Since you don't, then you don't know of the mess that went on there a couple years ago.

I'd never post my kids pictures here, or mine, but I don't mind sharing my dogs.

·
Registered
628 Posts
WOW! I just didn't realize! I guess it maybe is because my dogs are just family pets, and I don't breed, or show, that I never paid attention.
I don't breed or show either, my dogs are rescues and just family pets.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts