Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup Buddy is doing very well on housetraining. He has had an accident inside though, and I can't seem to get rid of the smell. I thought I cleaned it up very well, but I can still smell it. I've always had a very sensetive nose and I don't care for it one bit. I live in a two bedroom apartment, and the landlord isn't going to be happy if he smells dog pee. What should I do?

·
Registered
523 Posts
IMO.... I use nature's miracle to get the odor/stain out so that my other animals don't go on the spot. Then I clean it w/a carpet cleaner like resolve (I use the granuals as I think they work better than the spray. I know other people use other things... but this has worked for me and I have 2 dogs and 3cats. The nature's miracle also works well on vomit.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I use Nature's Miracle, too.. Just be sure to pay attention to the ingredients...! You want to avoid anything with ammonia in it. Ammonia reminds a pup of pee and he will be tempted to pee in the same spot to cover up the spot, aka "mark his territory."

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would use a steam cleaner first, the Bissell Pro Heat seems to work the best to me. Once you steam clean your carpets, I'd use the vinegar and water or Oxy Clean. That's the only thing that's ever worked for me when I was house training a puppy and needed to clean up accidents.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I should be a little more specific. I first clean the spot w/regular dishwasher soap and water... then I use the Nature's Miracle. I'm always afraid that if I don't get rid of the spot my other animals will pee/poop on it. And, so far, fingers crossed, they haven't! :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts