Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with how large are the adult large bites are from Innova? Are they on par with Canidae's size or are they the giant jaw breaker sized bites? Only reason I ask is because Mia our Boxer can handle them fine, Taz our 14yr old chihuahua's teeth would likely crumble out of his head if he tried to bite down on something too large/hard. After Canidae's formula change :mad: and the Wellness Core not sitting right with either dog, I'm on the hunt for some new grub. Innova apparently released a red meat in the non-EVO formula, so I figured I'd give that a try.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Innova Small and Large Bites.

First off, welcome to the forum!
I can't speak for how large the bites are, but I do know that the Innova Red Meat comes in Large and Small bites. You could buy a bigger bag for your boxer and a smaller bag for your Chihuahua.

Anyone have any experience with how large are the adult large bites are from Innova? Are they on par with Canidae's size or are they the giant jaw breaker sized bites? Only reason I ask is because Mia our Boxer can handle them fine, Taz our 14yr old chihuahua's teeth would likely crumble out of his head if he tried to bite down on something too large/hard. After Canidae's formula change :mad: and the Wellness Core not sitting right with either dog, I'm on the hunt for some new grub. Innova apparently released a red meat in the non-EVO formula, so I figured I'd give that a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I had no idea there was an entire forum just for dog food. I've been racking my brain the past couple of months. I guess I could buy two bags of the different sizes, it's just so convenient that they both eat from the same bag, not having to worry about if one or the other runs out, when it's out, it's out. :wink:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
You could also just go with the small bites one for both of them if the boxer can handle small bites. I recall the Innova large bites not being gigantic, but probably a little large for a 14 year old Chihuahua.
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could also just go with the small bites one for both of them if the boxer can handle small bites. I recall the Innova large bites not being gigantic, but probably a little large for a 14 year old Chihuahua.
Welcome to the forum!

Good call. I'll be bringing in her old food to the store to return it and pick up the new. I should be able to get an idea by feeling the bag. The devil (chihauhua) is the larger type (taco bell dog), not the Paris Hilton teacup. He's got no problems with fingers, so we may be in the clear with the large. :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the Innova red meat adult large bites, Taz had no problems whatsoever eating it. Innova shows you a pic of an actual kibble right on the bag (duh). Both inhaled their food (first time with red meat). Innova isn't the most appealing food smell wise, but that didn't seem to bother them. Neither pooped last night, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. On the CORE they were bangin out like 4-5 helpings of soft serve a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts