Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these up at Petsmart today. I was looking for something that I could break apart easily that I can keep at the front door as Abbie & Murph as SO close to being fully housebroken, so I'm really trying to treat them each time they come inside to keep the good work going.

Gimborn Pro-Treat Freeze Dried Beef Liver Treats 14 oz.

Sound okay?

Also, any other recommendations for small treats that are either freeze dried or crunchy and that are small or very easy to break up? I like to give them just LITTLE pieces of the treats (and apparently that's important with the freeze dried liver because you can't overfeed that to them??). I like to use soft turkey treats for actual training sessions. If you have any rec's that are grain free, that'd be great too :)

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I picked these up at Petsmart today. I was looking for something that I could break apart easily that I can keep at the front door as Abbie & Murph as SO close to being fully housebroken, so I'm really trying to treat them each time they come inside to keep the good work going.

Gimborn Pro-Treat Freeze Dried Beef Liver Treats 14 oz.

Sound okay?

Also, any other recommendations for small treats that are either freeze dried or crunchy and that are small or very easy to break up? I like to give them just LITTLE pieces of the treats (and apparently that's important with the freeze dried liver because you can't overfeed that to them??). I like to use soft turkey treats for actual training sessions. If you have any rec's that are grain free, that'd be great too :)

Those are perfect! I use them for my guy, and he goes nuts for them, and he has a low food drive, and usually looks at anything with indifference. They're 100% beef liver no fillers.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like dogitos from bestbullysticks.com. They are dehydrated lamb, beef, or goat lungs. They are thin, like a pringles chip and come in strips about 3-4 inches long. You can just break off little pieces. They aren't messy and my guy goes crazy for them. They are 100% meat, no grains, no fillers.

Dogitos Lamb Treats 2 ounces | Aunt Jeni's Homemade Treats

I also like their gator bites which are dehydrated alligator (farmed, not endangered). But they are more like jerky and should be cut into tiny pieces first.

Bully Sticks - All Natural Dog Treats - Best Bully Stick

Another idea for you is ZiwiPeak. It's a venison based dog food from New Zealand. Very pricey, but perfect for treats. They are very small (about a dime size) jerky squares. You could tear each one into a couple pieces if you want REALLY small bites. A perfect treat and packed full of nutrition too!

Natural Range Of Premium Pet-food Products - Ziwipeak - Natural New Zealand Pet Nutrition

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like dogitos from bestbullysticks.com. They are dehydrated lamb, beef, or goat lungs. They are thin, like a pringles chip and come in strips about 3-4 inches long. You can just break off little pieces. They aren't messy and my guy goes crazy for them. They are 100% meat, no grains, no fillers.

Dogitos Lamb Treats 2 ounces | Aunt Jeni's Homemade Treats

I also like their gator bites which are dehydrated alligator (farmed, not endangered). But they are more like jerky and should be cut into tiny pieces first.

Bully Sticks - All Natural Dog Treats - Best Bully Stick

Another idea for you is ZiwiPeak. It's a venison based dog food from New Zealand. Very pricey, but perfect for treats. They are very small (about a dime size) jerky squares. You could tear each one into a couple pieces if you want REALLY small bites. A perfect treat and packed full of nutrition too!

Natural Range Of Premium Pet-food Products - Ziwipeak - Natural New Zealand Pet Nutrition
Thanks! I've used ziwipeak in the past. My first puppy class I had forgotten treats and the trainer gave me some of his to use, and that's what they were :) I am sure I will buy those again at some point! And thank you for the other suggestions, those sound great as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts