Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me where I can purchase Horizon dog food in the US or an online store based in the US ...thank you!

·
Banned
620 Posts
Hi, can anyone tell me where I can purchase Horizon dog food in the US or an online store based in the US ...thank you!
Never heard of it but checked it out and appears to be only sold in Canada.
Here is what the say, quoting from their website:

Horizon Legacy is an innovative grain-free pet food that applies the same nutritional philosophies of a raw diet but in a convenient super-premium kibble. This ancestral diet, grounded in an historical understanding of your pet’s nutritional needs, contains an abundance of fresh, human grade meats combined with fruits, vegetables, unique botanicals and supplements all designed for immune health.
Interesting, they are promoting this under a 'raw' theme, kind of like how EVO
markets their product.

Here is the ancestral diet:
Fresh chicken meat, chicken meal, salmon meal, turkey meal, pea starch concentrate, green split peas, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, rosemary, citric acid), whole eggs, flaxseed, salmon oil, dried alfalfa, carrots, apples, broccoli, bok choy, cabbage, cranberries, Saskatoon berries, dried kelp, dried pumpkin meal, colostrum, sea buckthorn, fenugreek protein meal, dried pomegranate, dried astragalus root, dried milk thistle, glucosamine HCl, chondroitin sulphate, garlic, enzymes (dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried aspergillus niger extract, pineapple, dried trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation product, rhizopus oryzae), probiotics (dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium bifidum fermentation product, and dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product), yucca schidigera extract, mannan oligosaccharide (MOS), burdock root extract (FOS), vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, vitamin B12, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, d-calcium pantothenate, biotin, vitamin C (ascorbyl phosphate), ferrous sulphate, iron proteinate*, zinc sulphate, zinc proteinate*, manganous oxide, manganese proteinate*, copper sulphate, copper proteinate*, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, seleno methionine, magnesium oxide.
Does it seem very raw and ancestral to you? Anyone?

·
Banned
620 Posts
They do have a Canadian retailer locator and if your really interested I would contact one of them and maybe they can ship to you.

Charlie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the info, it looked like a really good food but I have contacted a couple of stores already and they say they will not ship over the border. All well maybe some retailers will begin to carry it here in the US eventually. So if anybody sees it post where it is.... I'll be watching....Thank you again!!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Why not feed Orijen or Evo, they're almost the exact same foods as that Horizon one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The first four ingredients in this food are all named meat products. This is an entirely grainless dog food. This food is excellent in containing no grains. The only caution we would make on this food is that the high protein content may make it suitable for adult dogs only, particularly in the case of large breeds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your ideas... I wrote to Horizon and they had forwarded my email to a distributer in my area and so I will contact these stores.... I wanted to compare the price to Orijen since ordering Orijen is quite expensive... I am using Blue Wilderness at the moment and just wanted another good food in which to rotate... I am not feeding a raw diet but I will probably make a lot of my dog's food and wanted a good food to supplement... thank you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts