Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made these the other day, I substituted a few things to make them grain free and more healthy.
The dogs LOVE them.
I left out brewers yeast.

2 cups cooked turkey -- cut up (I used ground)
2 cloves garlic
4 teaspoons grated cheese
1 tablespoon parsley -- freshly chopped
2 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour (I used Garbanzo bean flour)
2 tablespoons brewer's yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)

Combine turkey, garlic, cheese, parsley and mix well. Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour over turkey mixture. Add the flour, yeast, and oil. Stir until thoroughly mixed and all ingredients are coated. Drop into small lumps onto ungreased cookie sheet. Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until brown and firm. Store in refrigerator.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great recipe but i would suggest to use 1 garlic clove and is the cheese low-fat?

I add just a bit of minced garlic, No the cheese is not low fat, I suppose you could if you wanted

·
Registered
10 Posts
This dish is really interesting. I've tried one of the dish that was mentioned in the forum and my dog really loved it. Thanks for posting amazing recipes. Gonna try this too.:amen:

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
This dish is really interesting. I've tried one of the dish that was mentioned in the forum and my dog really loved it. Thanks for posting amazing recipes. Gonna try this too.:amen:
FYI, this is a really old thread. Not sure that all these people are even still here. You can look at the dates at the top of each thread to see how old it is.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still stop by now and again, I still do make these treats on occasion...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts