Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found you guys via "prey model diets" on Google and thought what a great place! I've been feeding a homemade barf diet for 3 years and before that I was buying pre-made raw for about 7 years. I am interested in Prey model diets. I have never heard of them up until today and was curious to see what others had to say about them. I have 2 dogs and 3 cats all of which eat raw.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

I feed my pack a prey model raw diet and I absolutely love the results I see. I was afraid to take the plunge, but I went through a lot of medical problems with my Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and almost lost him at only a year old, and carbohydrates in commercial pet food were to blame.

I think nearly any home prepared diet is better than kibble, but PMR is just the best, in my opinion. There's not other way to go. This is a wonderful place to learn about it, we've got a great community here, an easy to understand format, and a lot of experiences PMR feeders.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome to DFC!

After I ask if thy dog is hungry or wants to eat. Her eyes sparkle, tail wags, body wiggles, licks her lips. If she was a human female, I would think she was flirting with me. That's how much she enjoys eating PMR.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Welcome!!
There is a TON of info from very knowledgeable people. Just make sure you don't get info overload!!
One more thing.
We Love pictures!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! I dont feed raw but just wanted to welcome you here!:smile:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
hi and welcome...

we've just started again on raw...the first time was a human error disaster...my bad...

thanks to this forum; and, especially a thoughtful correspondence from rawfeddogs (RFD)....and this time it will succeed.

we were giving our dogs probiotics...and then i was going to stay with the tablespoon of rice and veggies....but now, i'm not so sure...

i'm thinking about a full conversion to prey model.....

i did not give rice and veggies yesterday and today....but i'm still on the fence about it...

i know they don't need it..i know they probably don't benefit from it...but in my human mind, it makes me sleep at night...and, as long as it doesn't hurt them....no harm, no foul...so, that's where i am..

read the older posts....some of them are a riot :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts