Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new here, i just joined. Lots and lost of great information, Mini is my 16 year old English Pointer :). I have a question. I joined and want to put some pictures up in my profile but I can't figure out how. Can anyone show me?
THANK You :)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
HI and welcome! :smile:I hope someone answers you so then I too can figure this out haha! I am computer illiterate and putting pictures in Whoo thats a biggie! I need to have one of my kids do this for me haha! I know someone will help you with this soon!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,
I'm new here, i just joined. Lots and lost of great information, Mini is my 16 year old English Pointer :). I have a question. I joined and want to put some pictures up in my profile but I can't figure out how. Can anyone show me?
THANK You :)
Hi Mini!

Up at the top line of the main forum page you'll see User CP. Click on that & it will take you to the User Control Panel, where you can customize everything.

On the left under the User Control Panel header you will see a list of options, one of which is Profile Picture. Just click on that link & it will take you to the area where you can upload a profile picture. However, make note of the image requirements: it won't accept anything that is too large.

Bonne chance,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm

KNow I guess i Have to figure out how to make my picture smaller...Can you tell I'm not good at this lol

·
Banned
620 Posts
KNow I guess i Have to figure out how to make my picture smaller...Can you tell I'm not good at this lol
Somtimes with the newer cameras you can resize the pic there off the camera.

I've been using a free program that resizes called IrfanVIew which has been around for years and is a very good picture viewer plus has plenty of extra feautures like the resize.

You can also find a free program callled Avatar Sizer which is handy for making your avatar pics.

You can find both of those programs at CNET.COM or Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

An easy way to put your photos here is to link them from another site like photobucket. Once you have your photo at photbucket, you can very easily link them here in your posts. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Somtimes with the newer cameras you can resize the pic there off the camera.

I've been using a free program that resizes called IrfanVIew which has been around for years and is a very good picture viewer plus has plenty of extra feautures like the resize.

You can also find a free program callled Avatar Sizer which is handy for making your avatar pics.

You can find both of those programs at CNET.COM or Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

An easy way to put your photos here is to link them from another site like photobucket. Once you have your photo at photbucket, you can very easily link them here in your posts. Good luck!
Having never used Photobucket, please excuse me if this sounds silly, but doesn't that infer that you have to put them up there to begin with? That seems like extra work to me.

Most sites allow you to upload pictures directly from your PC. (I've only come across ONE in all my years online that requires uploading from an online source and you're on it as well. :wink: )All you need to do is resize to fit into their parameters. Or, as you mentioned, resize & upload from a digital camera.

·
Banned
620 Posts
Having never used Photobucket, please excuse me if this sounds silly, but doesn't that infer that you have to put them up there to begin with? That seems like extra work to me.

If I understand your question correctly, you don't have to put anything here to begin with, the only thing you have to put here is the link (to the site where your picture is located/stored). If done correctly, the picture then appears in your post full size (no thumbnails). A profile picture would work the same way, you can upload from your computer or link the picture from another site.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If I understand your question correctly, you don't have to put anything here to begin with, the only thing you have to put here is the link (to the site where your picture is located/stored). If done correctly, the picture then appears in your post full size (no thumbnails). A profile picture would work the same way, you can upload from your computer or link the picture from another site.
Unfortunately, you're not getting my meaning. Let's try this again :wink::

It's my understanding that if you use photobucket you still have to upload a photo to that website from your computer.

However, on this website (or others using VBullitin) I can simply upload a photo from my PC; I don't have to put a link up to an external site that houses my photos. The only website I have to use an external online link to is The Gun Dog Forum because it appears their BB software will not allow me to directly upload the photo file. (I asked the Admin why this is, but have yet to get an answer.)

IOW, I don't want to have to put up photos on a website when I have them on my PC. I have far too many of them to make this practical.

Pax,

·
Banned
620 Posts
Unfortunately, you're not getting my meaning. Let's try this again :wink::

It's my understanding that if you use photobucket you still have to upload a photo to that website from your computer.

However, on this website (or others using VBullitin) I can simply upload a photo from my PC; I don't have to put a link up to an external site that houses my photos. The only website I have to use an external online link to is The Gun Dog Forum because it appears their BB software will not allow me to directly upload the photo file. (I asked the Admin why this is, but have yet to get an answer.)

IOW, I don't want to have to put up photos on a website when I have them on my PC. I have far too many of them to make this practical.

Pax,

You are correct. It comes down to I suppose how you want your photo to 'appear' here, whether it be a thumbnail version where one has to click it to see a bigger photo, or have it full size in the post automatically. I keep obviously most of my pics on the computer or CD, the only ones kept on an exteranal site are those for sharing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts