Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we're new to this site. We've got two "teddy bears," (bichon/shihtzu mix), and just learned from my niece who's on her way to being a vet, (danemama08) all about raw diet. Just gave the girls their first raw chicken wing meal. They loved it!

Any tips about transitioning from kibble meals (California Naturals) to raw meat? A little worried about getting stuck on a feeding-schedule; it was always to easy when they nibbled whenever they were hungry.

Thanks!
TC & Malynda

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hi, we're new to this site. We've got two "teddy bears," (bichon/shihtzu mix), and just learned from my niece who's on her way to being a vet, (danemama08) all about raw diet. Just gave the girls their first raw chicken wing meal. They loved it!
Wonderful ... welcome to the world of raw feeding. Both you and your dogs will love it. :)

Any tips about transitioning from kibble meals (California Naturals) to raw meat?
Thats easy. Start feeding raw meat, stop feeding kibble. hehe ... check out my web page in my sig for my recomendations for beginning raw feeding. It should answer most of your questions.

A little worried about getting stuck on a feeding-schedule; it was always to easy when they nibbled whenever they were hungry.
No need to worry. You don't have to have a "schedule". You can feed when you want. Your dogs can get used to eating at varied times. I know some people who feed everyother day or so. Some feed once a day some days, twice a day other times and every other day sometimes and two or three times a week other times. Dogs can adapt to any method of feeding that suits you. Just be sure you are feeding them somewhere close to the right amount and you will be ok. If you choose to feed every other day, work into it gradually. They have to build up their stomachs in order to handle the volume of two days worth of food in one sitting. The greatest majority of people feed either once or twice a day.

ETA: Oh, I forgot ... welcome to the board. :smile:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome! I am not a raw feeder, but you will get alot of great advice here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts