Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined. My dog is MADDIE . Gotten from North Shore Animal League Shelter about three years ago. Up here in New York ( or down) around Yorktown. They got her from Indiana. She's maybe 4 or five now. I call her an Indiana Stockdog. She looks part Kelpie ( an Australian herding dog, which a lot of people and shelters that are unaware of how many of these there are in the United States. They're like little black & tan border collies. And -maybe- part Huntaway, a New Zealand sheep herding dog , of which there doesn't seem to big a big population here in the States. But she look more Huntaway than Kelpie. Over all term for all these livestock working dogs is : stockdog. " Indiana Stockdog," the sound of it fits how Maddie looks perfectly.
Way smart, unbelievably social, a little more dog focused than human. Is the leader of her local dogpark, not from aggression ( has never gotten into any real fight) but because she's one of the very few dog's that seems to know all the dog world pack-type social rituals : how to deal with puppies, how to stop fights, what to do with new frightened or just nervous dogs, and -especially - how to network. It seems that it's not the biggest dog but the one with the biggest posse. Fun to watch.
Well, I'm here to ask a question about canned food so ... guess I'll go an do so. I'm the park's official photographer so if you'd like to see Maddie, and tons of other dogs : dotfur.com.

See you around,

Marty

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I checked out that website, and I'm afraid Maddie is just too cute for her own good! I just want to hug her in all of those pictures, I wish I had your job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts