Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

New to the forum. I was originally lurking around to get people's advice on different grain free dog foods.

I have a 10 month old golden ret. I brought him up on Taste of the Wild which I was pretty happy with minus his looser than normal stools. A spoonful of pumpkin at each meal helped that.

I just switched over to Wellness Core original. It's a bit more than Taste but I figure when I factor in the canned pumpkin I don't have to buy anymore it nets out the same. He seems to really enjoy this food more and it has helped his gas and smells more pleasant to me in general. Seems like it's a favorite among most here as well.

Look forward to more reading!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey everyone,

New to the forum. I was originally lurking around to get people's advice on different grain free dog foods.

I have a 10 month old golden ret. I brought him up on Taste of the Wild which I was pretty happy with minus his looser than normal stools. A spoonful of pumpkin at each meal helped that.

I just switched over to Wellness Core original. It's a bit more than Taste but I figure when I factor in the canned pumpkin I don't have to buy anymore it nets out the same. He seems to really enjoy this food more and it has helped his gas and smells more pleasant to me in general. Seems like it's a favorite among most here as well.

Look forward to more reading!
Welcome to the community. You've switched to a great kibble! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome! Aww a golden retriever love those dogs. My neighbor has one so I get to see her every now and then!
I right now use Merrick before the grain and am useing the buffalo. The labs I have love it! I also use california natural and evo which they like. he evo they like the red meat the best (expensive but the feeding is alot less) I have not feed the core (wellness) but I have fed the superfive mix. I have requested my petco get the core so we shall see if this happens! Good luck wiht the wellness food I have heard nothing but good things about the core. I liked the super5 and next time getting the core when the dogs want a change in food! Seems to me they get tired of the same ole same ole. So that will be my next food for them! Good luck with your cutie!

Merrick Pet Foods : merrickpetcare.com
http://www.beforegrain.com/http:/
The Healthiest Pet Foods in the World – Natural & Organic Pet Food – Natura Pet Products

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey there! And Welcome!
We switched our dogs to Taste of the Wild Buffalo and Venison. I needed something without chicken. We also use Evingers and Canidae wet food, Merrill little sausages and belly rubs freeze dried liver bites. I'm trying to give the kids variety. We have a new pet food store in town and my friend said the owners are fabulous - very knowledgeable. I need to get more wet food, so we're going tomorrow. Any recommends? (I need to get some fish in the mix too.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts