Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - thought I would say hello. I have a four month old Siberian Husky called Ozzy. Love him to bits. I have learned a lot from the forum just reading past posts and look forward to learning and sharing a lot more. It is quite hot here at the moment and Ozzy enjoys a swim, and after the swim relaxing on the lilo. Strange for a Husky?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Yes, that is strange for a husky. A lot of nordic breeds tend to stay away from the water. I know my mal hates the water. Glad you could join! Your husky is beautiful!!! :smile:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. He loves water, and his favorite outing is a trip to the beach to play in the waves. Even cleaning the bath is a problem because he wants to get in and splash away - and then it is not just the bath which needs to be cleaned.

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Welcome all the way from South Africa!!! Its awesome that this little bitty site reaches worldwide :biggrin:

We have a wolf/husky hybrid and she does not like the water at all! But went swimming for the first time this past summer, so maybe its becoming a trend LOL

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Such a beautiful pup you have there!
I have 4 dogs and 3 out of the 4 swim in our pool well when its warm that is haha! I live in Illinois so right now the pools covered up! My labs though love the water of course! I am surprised seeing your husky enjoying the water though! So peaceful looking and just wonderful lounging about! Love that!
Have fun here!:smile:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welkom! I must say, South Africa is one of my FAVORITE places in the world! I am glad to see someone from all the way over there! Ozzy is very cute!!

Just curious, do you see many Rhodesian Ridgebacks out there? When I was there (6 years ago) I wasn't aware of the breed so I didn't notice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Jem. South Africa is an awesome country. We have had our problems, some more serious than others, but as a country we are working at making it an even better place to live. We had a Rhodesian Ridgeback as children (a very, very long time ago!!) My parents found him to be the perfect pet for a large active family as he had boundless energy, and was extremely brave and loyal. I must admit that I haven't seen a pure bred one for quite a while. I must look into it, as I am looking for another puppy and a RR may be the perfect match for our Husky.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi - Baie Dankie! Just noticed the 'Welkom' now, well done to remember that after 6 years. My husband is Afrikaans so I speak the language everyday, so didn't notice the Afrikaans word :) I have been doing some research on the Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are doing quite well in the Western Cape and are not as scarce as I thought, but are quite expensive if looking for a pure breed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi - Baie Dankie! Just noticed the 'Welkom' now, well done to remember that after 6 years. My husband is Afrikaans so I speak the language everyday, so didn't notice the Afrikaans word :) I have been doing some research on the Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are doing quite well in the Western Cape and are not as scarce as I thought, but are quite expensive if looking for a pure breed.
HAHA I only remember a few Afrikaans terms. Baie Dankie was one of my favorite ones!!! To us Americans is sounds like saying "Buy a Donkey!" We all thought that was funny and ended up saying it a LOT! Yes purebred RR's here are very expensive as well. I ended up getting a purebred ridgeless one, so I only paid 1/3 of what her littermates were going for. Who needs a ridged one anyways :wink:.

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
HAHA I only remember a few Afrikaans terms. Baie Dankie was one of my favorite ones!!! To us Americans is sounds like saying "Buy a Donkey!" We all thought that was funny and ended up saying it a LOT! Yes purebred RR's here are very expensive as well. I ended up getting a purebred ridgeless one, so I only paid 1/3 of what her littermates were going for. Who needs a ridged one anyways :wink:.
Ridgeless Ridgebacks are genetically healthier anyhow :wink:

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Doh! I think she did that a few times before with us too...but other than that she is a good teacher. Just threaten her with drunken pictures that are at your disposal so she doesn't do it again LOL :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.