Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - thought I would say hello. I have a four month old Siberian Husky called Ozzy. Love him to bits. I have learned a lot from the forum just reading past posts and look forward to learning and sharing a lot more. It is quite hot here at the moment and Ozzy enjoys a swim, and after the swim relaxing on the lilo. Strange for a Husky?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Yes, that is strange for a husky. A lot of nordic breeds tend to stay away from the water. I know my mal hates the water. Glad you could join! Your husky is beautiful!!! :smile:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. He loves water, and his favorite outing is a trip to the beach to play in the waves. Even cleaning the bath is a problem because he wants to get in and splash away - and then it is not just the bath which needs to be cleaned.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Welcome all the way from South Africa!!! Its awesome that this little bitty site reaches worldwide :biggrin:

We have a wolf/husky hybrid and she does not like the water at all! But went swimming for the first time this past summer, so maybe its becoming a trend LOL

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum, so glad to have you here! Suuuuch cute pictures!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Such a beautiful pup you have there!
I have 4 dogs and 3 out of the 4 swim in our pool well when its warm that is haha! I live in Illinois so right now the pools covered up! My labs though love the water of course! I am surprised seeing your husky enjoying the water though! So peaceful looking and just wonderful lounging about! Love that!
Have fun here!:smile:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hi and welcome!
What a good looking pupper you have :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welkom! I must say, South Africa is one of my FAVORITE places in the world! I am glad to see someone from all the way over there! Ozzy is very cute!!

Just curious, do you see many Rhodesian Ridgebacks out there? When I was there (6 years ago) I wasn't aware of the breed so I didn't notice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jem. South Africa is an awesome country. We have had our problems, some more serious than others, but as a country we are working at making it an even better place to live. We had a Rhodesian Ridgeback as children (a very, very long time ago!!) My parents found him to be the perfect pet for a large active family as he had boundless energy, and was extremely brave and loyal. I must admit that I haven't seen a pure bred one for quite a while. I must look into it, as I am looking for another puppy and a RR may be the perfect match for our Husky.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Beautiful Husky! Red one's are my favorite.

My fiance's parents Husky loves the water as well. She swims all the time. She jumps in, does laps back and fourth, then gets out and relaxes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi - Baie Dankie! Just noticed the 'Welkom' now, well done to remember that after 6 years. My husband is Afrikaans so I speak the language everyday, so didn't notice the Afrikaans word :) I have been doing some research on the Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are doing quite well in the Western Cape and are not as scarce as I thought, but are quite expensive if looking for a pure breed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi - Baie Dankie! Just noticed the 'Welkom' now, well done to remember that after 6 years. My husband is Afrikaans so I speak the language everyday, so didn't notice the Afrikaans word :) I have been doing some research on the Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are doing quite well in the Western Cape and are not as scarce as I thought, but are quite expensive if looking for a pure breed.
HAHA I only remember a few Afrikaans terms. Baie Dankie was one of my favorite ones!!! To us Americans is sounds like saying "Buy a Donkey!" We all thought that was funny and ended up saying it a LOT! Yes purebred RR's here are very expensive as well. I ended up getting a purebred ridgeless one, so I only paid 1/3 of what her littermates were going for. Who needs a ridged one anyways :wink:.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
HAHA I only remember a few Afrikaans terms. Baie Dankie was one of my favorite ones!!! To us Americans is sounds like saying "Buy a Donkey!" We all thought that was funny and ended up saying it a LOT! Yes purebred RR's here are very expensive as well. I ended up getting a purebred ridgeless one, so I only paid 1/3 of what her littermates were going for. Who needs a ridged one anyways :wink:.
Ridgeless Ridgebacks are genetically healthier anyhow :wink:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ridgeless Ridgebacks are genetically healthier anyhow :wink:
True story :biggrin:

----speaking of genetics, Doc Odden was sick today and failed to tell the class that it was cancelled. Hence the reason I am online now. Wish I was sleeping in :mad:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Doh! I think she did that a few times before with us too...but other than that she is a good teacher. Just threaten her with drunken pictures that are at your disposal so she doesn't do it again LOL :biggrin:

·
Registered
151 Posts
hahah will do! I still havent even really talked to her...so maybe I should tell her I know you before I threaten drunken pictures!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts