Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi and what a great forum this is! Just over a yar ago I got my first dog, Zoe, rottie and just recently we got our 2nd, Wendell, a british bulldog. They are both great dogs and get along well.

In my pursuit of feeding them well, without breaking the bank I have learned so much! Here in Australia we do no have access to all the great kibbles that are available in America, Orijen was actually withdrawn from the market here as it was radiated upon entry to our country. Innova, Evo and California Natural are mega expensive!!! We're talking $160 for a 12 or 13kilo bag!

Initially I had Zoe on Eagle Pack Holistic, but when Wendell came along it didn't seem to agree with him. I have since been able to source Artemis online for cheaper then Eagle Pack and have switched them both. They also get fresh meat, Zoe is probably on 75% raw and Wendell 50%, his raw food is a special puppy mince though. I feel too inexperienced to feed a 15wk old puppy completely raw.

Looking forward to more learning here!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
That must be why most of the Bull terrier owners/breeders on my yahoo groups from Aust/U.K feed their dogs a raw diet!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Hope you can find a great food Out there! What exactly do you have? Are you feeding Artemis Maximal? That is for adult dogs only. Its a great food!:smile:

You will enjoy what you learn here!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Hello and welcome.
You definately came to the right place to learn more about dog food and canine diets in general. In fact, if you poke around the raw section you'll DEFINATELY learn all you need to know to make the plunge!
either way, you'll learn a lot here.
Glad you could join us. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using Artemis Fresh mix for the 1 cup of kibble my 16 month old rottie, Zoe, gets a day and Wendell, 15wks, gets the Artemis puppy kibble with his puppy mince.

I've really notice a significant difference with Zoe's stools since she's been on 75% raw, much smaller and firm! I'm sure she prefers it too :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts