Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there! New to the site, found it after searching for hours about dog food reviews. I have a 6yr old Catahoula/Red Heeler mix named Bear and a newly adopted, 3 month old rescue dog named Pinot who is a Catahoula/Black lab mix. It's fun to have a puppy in the house again!

I've recently been trying to do research on weight management dog foods, my 6 yr old is a little overweight after the long MA winter, and this rainy spring/summer hasn't helped either. I'm hoping that with a new puppy in the house he'll get some extra exercise, but i thought a low-cal food may help too. Additionally, i'm now also looking for a great puppy food for little Pinot.

Bear had been on Canidae ALS for a long time, but i had to change his food after they changed the formula. He did not do well on the new stuff, and of course it took me a while to figure it out since Canidae did not announce the formula change!

So, I look forward to reading this site, everyone seems very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about providing the best care for their pets!

~B & P's mom

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm Also From MA :]

I am also from Massachusetts, The North Shore. I'm 15 years old and drive my Mother crazy about my 4 year old Labrador's diet. I'm always pushing for better food, right now we're on California Natural - but will be switching to grain free because of allergies.

Welcome to the site :]

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome! you'll get lots of ideas here!
My chocolate lab has lost weight on wellness weight management and also wellness core weight management. Right now I am not to sure of this brand but petco had ceasar milans food for 1/2 price so I got the weight management of this brand. I have to do more reading on it though and it is expensive the only reason I got it is it was wowee :biggrin:1/2 price ha! I also have done the california natural weight control . Also look at the fat content and feed less than recommended this also helps! I take her for walks and she swims in the pool which also helps. She has lost over 10 lbs. I also only give my own like dried liver or chicken treats or buy low fat treats! She has right now managed to gain a couple pounds back so I am thinking its from possibley the wellness core being grain free. So no more treats for her and a bit more swimming and walking haha!
Go to Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost tons of great foods for the puppy and for your 6 year old!

Your puppy and 6 year old both sound like cuties!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts