Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 6 month old Japanese Spitz named Louis (pronounced 'Louie' :biggrin:). I have always had parrots all my life, but never was a dog person. Then a couple years ago I randomly entertained the thought. After searching around and deciding a Japanese Spitz was best for me if I ever got one, I put it on the back burner. Suddenly this January, my husband and I decided to go for it. It all happened so fast! Within a week we had a tiny 3-month old puppy in the arms of absolutely clueless dog parents.

I still remember picking up toys, dog treats, and dog food the night before we got him. He came to us on Iams Smart Puppy, which was what the breeder fed, and we got him Nutro Max Puppy Drumsticks. I started the dog food research back in February, and boy have we come a long way since then! He's currently on Innova Puppy mixed with cooked food, but for me, the dog food research is never ending. I'm so happy I found this forum and I look forward to all the knowledge, opinions, and stories everyone has to share :) I can't believe I went 27 years without ever having a dog, because now I can't imagine life without him :redface:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Thank you for sharing your story! I hope you find all the help and info you need here. There are plenty of knowledgeable and experienced people here that are always willing to help anyone out. We don't just talk nutrition here but also behavior and health as well!

You are already a wonderful pet owner with doing as much research as you have done. Most dog owners don't think twice about what their dogs eat....so kudos to you and I look forward to seeing you post!

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome! I'm so glad to hear that you can't imagine life without your dog now. That's just wonderful! I feel the same way about my 3 furbabies.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome, your dog is lucky to have such a good mom! I have 4 Great Danes, a lab and boston terrier. you mentioned your a bird person, I also have 3 Greenwing Macaws, 1 Blue and gold Macaw, 2 Scarlet Macaws, 1 Goffin Cockatoo and 1 Umbrella Cockatoo. What birds do you have.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! That is one adorable little snowball you have there!:biggrin: sooooooooo cute! :smile:
I have the plaque in my house "A Home is not a Home without a dog"" (its in my labrador bathroom heehee) you just cant get better uncondiitonal love than from a dog!:wink:
Have fun here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts